50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tinnox, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

2. A Saucerful of Scarlets

A Saucerful of Scarlets Commenter Turned Viewer

Yeah I'm pretty certain it is given what we've heard, and based on what people are saying in the comments.

rontoon and tinnox like this.
  3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Lol!!

4. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

Does anyone know if the guitar in "Dear Prudence" is on one track (of the 8-track) or is it doubled up on two tracks?

Is the stereo guitar in the remix real or faked with ADT? I can't tell.

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Loving Take 2 of WMGGW! Wish George would’ve started again after that initial breakdown/dialogue.....little did he know that we’d be enjoying it so much after 50 years!

The guitar/organ play on Take 2 now makes me wonder where did they go next for another 12 takes and the associated overdubs, would be fascinating to able to hear that complete journey. Even if it’s not every take, a sampling of at least couple more along the way before the remake started with Clapton.

6. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Where are you listen to those takes?

:wave:

tinnox likes this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

8. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well, since It's still several weeks until the WA box will be delivered., I was a bit bored yesterday and played with my lightscribe to make a shelf filler

WA 50th

10. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

11. voles

voles Forum Lurker

This one sounds a bit better IMO - the other one sounds like Mono to me. I am sure it won't match the CD though...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  12. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

There are several guitars on Dear Prudence

tinnox and johnny moondog 909 like this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I honestly think that like Sgt Pepper, when folks immerse themselves into this set, they will love it. I am now listening more sparingly because the first day cramming all 6 discs was a little much to absorb

14. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Sean Roper and tinnox like this.
  15. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Whatever you do, don't tell Ringo that!!!!o_O

16. brainwashed

Different album. Using different studios, recording techniques, engineers and recording formats. This is NO way the methods used, good or bad on the Sgt. Pepper remix could be utilized in the same manner as the WA. Just two very different beasts. Ron

IronWaffle, tinnox and Beatle Ed like this.
  17. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

And 3 weeks to enjoy the singles: While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Back In The U.S.S.R.

John Inglis and tinnox like this.
  18. brainwashed

That's just silly. Nothing SHOULD BE centered OR NOT, or necessarily higher in the mix. There is no blueprint for remixing. If YOU don't like the mix that's fine, but making specific comments about what things NEED to be just doesn't work. Ron

19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

20. Bill Lettang

Bill Lettang Forum Resident

Do these re-mix examples sound/feel faster to you? I know mixes can really affect tempo and feel. I like the brighter feel of USSR but I like the heavier feel of WMGGW's original stereo mix. Ringo's drums on WMGGW's re-mix sound weaker....

nasa09, tinnox and Braulio Acosta like this.
  21. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Now that's pretty! Thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

22. stevechang64

stevechang64 Forum Resident

I concur with most people that the 2018 remix of WMGGW on YouTube or Spotify played on an iPhone or iPad or computer doesn’t sound too different from the original mix. I don’t know if the YouTube or Spotify versions are of a lesser quality. I downloaded fhe iTunes version . However listen to it on headphones and that’s when you’ll notice the difference. It’s stunningly clear, the instruments are well balanced and it’s an amazing song with an array of sounds for which the Beatles were always masters of.

23. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

It doesn't do it for me, but I'm not going to knock Giles. I do, however, wish they had someone on staff that was crazy about these recordings, and by crazy I mean just really passionate about the story. Not "I know how we can spin this to make a good sound bite" but really passionate. Maybe they do have that, I could be wrong. They're certainly all pros, no doubt about that.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Chris M, IronWaffle, tinnox and 2 others like this.
  24. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

That’s good to hear, thanks for the tip!

tinnox likes this.
  25. sixtieswerebest

sixtieswerebest Forum Resident

It is a big difference because your a major fan (as am I). Most wouldn't notice or pay it any never mind. To me that extra piano note stuck out like a sore thumb, but the missing one from ADITL, on LOVE, was worse I thought.

dewey02, tinnox and Dan Steely like this.