A Nightmare On Elm Street ('84) question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Karnak, Nov 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..." Thread Starter

I decided to revisit the movie a few days ago, purchasing it on Youtube. The last time I saw it was with my girlfriend in the late 80s on VHS. In the yt viewing, the scenes where Glen(Johnny Depp) 'gets it' features lots of spewing blood and basically nothing else. But the time I first saw it, those scenes close with the dead Glen looking up through his clear plastic waterbed. That is nowhere to be found in what I just watched on YT. Is this a difference in versions, and should I just look for a vhs version of it at Goodwill?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  2. Honey Bunches of Sadness

Honey Bunches of Sadness Forum Resident

I saw Nightmare on first release in the theaters, and on cable TV a few times since. I don't recall the scene in question ending that way. Although it's been quite some time, and I wouldn't bet the farm on my memory.....

Karnak likes this.
  3. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

You are mixing up two separate Nightmare films. Johnny Depp gets sucked into the bed and you have the tornado of blood and that's pretty much it for his character. The waterbed scene is from A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master with a character named Joey who was also in Dream Warriors.

4. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..." Thread Starter

Yes, that sounds about right. I must have forgotten about no. 4-it's been a few years. Thanx:thumbsup:.

JCRW likes this.
  5. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

how's this for a wet dream :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.