ABBA Gold - Special CD + DVD edition (2010). Sound quality?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PanaPlasma, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident Thread Starter

I couldn't find a topic or any info in other Abba Gold-related topics.

How is the sound quality of the cd's?

As good as the "Original Gold cd's"? As worse as the "Number Ones"-compilation remasters?

Or should I buy the Japanese shm-cd "Complete Gold" release?

2. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

I'll be interested in the feedback here.

3. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

After reading a few positive reviews, I decided to take a chance with the japan shm-cd... should have it by next week. In the meantime I've been listening to some of my older ABBA greatest comps lately... so far the two Greatest Hits targets sound the best, very smooth and not tinny at all... very crankable! Have not heard any of the newer remasters yet (since the 2001 Definitive Collection).

4. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident Thread Starter

Keep us informed. I think I will try the shm-cd's as well. I'm not really interested in that dvd, especially many people seem to complain about the dvd.

5. newstarter11

newstarter11 Forum Resident

the complete gold edition sounds better than the csr despite being based on the same 2005 remaster (same waveforms and all). the compete gold edition sounds warmer and not as compressed (probably is the smh-cd process).

however, the name of the game is the distorted version. i think the voulez-vous tracks sound better on the 2010 voulez-vous remaster though.

my favourites audio-wise- lay all your love on me, cassandra. and no hiss reduction (esp noticeable in intro of sos for example)!

6. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

The CD is just a clone of the previous European version which used slightly modified versions of the CSR masters from 2005.

The DVD is a distinct disimprovement on previous releases - someone cocked up during the film grading process and everything is RED. :shake:

7. mozpiano2

mozpiano2 Forum Resident

http://www.youtube.com/markpmus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThTc0K49oVo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.