ABBA - the Complete Singles Collection

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cho, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cho

cho New Member Thread Starter

I just got this UK release consisting of 27 CDs. Each of the CD is a reproduction of the original single (Sides A & B). All the CDs are stored in their original Cardboard Mini Single Jackets. The 27 CDs are stored together with a booklet in a tin box with. Fabulous packaging. The sound is so so despite being stated to be 20 bit remastering. No information on the remastering engineer. I got this cheap in Hong Kong brand new for US$36.00. Limited Edition. Anyone can comment on this box set?

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

You might want to do a search on this because there have been several ABBA threads in recent months.

Of course, someone will chime in on the box.

I don't have the box.

3. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

I'd say you got a very good price on it. I saw that set I guess about 12 years ago (if we're talking about the same thing)...while I love ABBA it wouldn't interest me to put on a cd that lasts all of 5 minutes;)
    It's just too much effort :laugh:
    They also had a colored vinyl version of that set, I admit I did toy with the idea of picking it up...while I was in the UK (where I saw these sets) I was record-buying crazy! What I bought, ABBA-wise, was most of their original UK first pressings. They sound fabulous.

4. cho

cho New Member Thread Starter

Hi Lennonfan,

My wife asked me to spin Fernandod & then Honey Honey & then... Yes, it is indeed too much effort. But my daughter of twelve was introduced to Knowing Me, Knowing You and she loved it.

I always love ABBA songs but I seldom admit this in public. They were very popular in Hong Kong. The Eurosong Contest was a big thing in Hong Kong in the 70s. Their hits in UK always made it to the charts in HK. BUT I HAD NEVER ABBA LPs or CDs or SINGLES until this purchase. Strange

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.