Acoustic Sounds - terrible experience

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by FashionBoy, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I take my praise back. They gave me a return slip pronto but have yet to refund my money. I spoke to Jay on Fri and he said the money should be in my account today or tomorrow. Nothing is in my account as of this morning

2. Complier

Complier Senior Member

Just got off the phone with Nate. He took care of me.

3. Pushpaw

Pushpaw Forum Resident

I live in Ottawa and order from Diamond Groove too! Took a while to find them because they're not at the top of the search results but they have better prices than Northern Volume (seems to be the only other online seller in Canada that sells audiophile releases). But Diamond Groove can be pricey for some releases. Below is a modified version of a post I did in the 45rpm Tea for the Tillerman thread but it fits here too.

I've been buying from Acoustic Sounds on 10% off sales only, (which they seem to have every few months), so the 60 was reduced to 54 US. Then I bought enough records to get free shipping in the US (I save up my orders) and shipped for free to a USPS store near the border (Ogdensburg, NY). I drove down (about 45 mins) and got my records - paid 5 bucks US for the USPS store to receive my package - then paid my duties at the border (which was just the 13% HST, which I would have paid in Canada too), and drove home. Oh, it also costs a few bucks for the toll bridge to Ogdensburg. Anyway, I paid about $78 bucks CAD for TFTT including the taxes, USPS fee, gas, toll bridge. If I had bought it from a Canadian store (the Diamond Groove in Hamilton is the only store I could find it at), it would have been $90 bucks CAD BEFORE taxes and shipping. If I had shipped this from Acoustic sounds, the quote for my order was 40 bucks US. Yeesh. Kinda sucks being an audiophile in Canada sometimes.
    Never had an issue with Acoustic Sounds except I think their shipping to Canada costs way too much so I get the orders shipped to the states.

JRJ likes this.
  4. Ninecats

Ninecats Forum Resident

Anyone know what the shipment for a cd is to Europe?

5. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

Maybe ask them?

GentleSenator likes this.
  6. Ninecats

Ninecats Forum Resident

I did obviously, I got the same standard answer there is on their homepage. I simply want to know the figures (I mean is the shipment as much as the disc itself for instance?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.