Acoustic Strawbs concerts

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ChrisM, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler Thread Starter

Been off the 'net due to connection problems so, I'm a bit late in posting this...

The Strawbs are currently touring as a acoustic trio (Dave Cousins, Dave Lambert and Brian Willoughby) in support of their latest release "Baroque & Roll." Saw them here in London, Ont last Saturday night and they were wonderful. If you are a fan of the band, you should check out their show. They do very nice versions of many of their classics including Tears and Pavane, Benedictus, Ghosts etc... They even throw in a couple of new songs. Over two sets (and an encore) they played for a bit more than two hours. There were even people in the crowd who travelled from Quebec to see the show.

Tour dates are posted at their Web site:

http://www.strawbpage.ndirect.co.uk/index0.htm

Cheers,
    Chris

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

they are playing here in upstate NY (Towne Crier) May 24

3. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

Wow - thanks for the post.

4. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

Town Crier in Pawling is a great place for shows. I have seen Christine Lavin there numerous times. Great food as well.
    I wouldn't consider it Upstate even though it is north of the Bronx.
    LOL

5. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

I just got tickets for next Wednesday's show in Sykesville, MD, at Baldwin Station. I've seen the band before, but never with Dave Lambert. I'm really looking forward to this show.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The "upstate" reference was for those who think NY=NYC! :)

7. ChrisM

I'm sure you'll enjoy the show. Dave Cousins made the comment that this is the first time that he and Dave Lambert have played together over here (at least in Canada if not the US) in 25 years.

Cousins and Willoughby both play acoustic guitars throughout the show. Lambert plays an electric guitar and sometimes uses the long sustain power of an eBow to replicate the mellotron sounds. Very cool!

BTW - Before the London show, they did 3 nights in Toronto. Nice to see they can still draw a crowd!

Cheers,
    Chris

8. ChrisM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.