Actors and Actresses You Miss

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by townsend, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I know. I just wish he would find something he really believed in and gave us one final, great performance. I just love the guy so much. I want to see it happen.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

What ever happened to the lovely, talented and very beautiful Traylor Howard? She disappeared after the Monk series ended.

3. BradaTaylor

BradaTaylor Forum Resident

The Thin Man will live forever.

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i know he is not dead, but where is michael biehn?

at least i don;t think he is dead.

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

but he never ever get chastised for his hard line politics, why? do people fear him?

6. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

I'd like to see her again, too. According to Wikipedia, she has two school-age kids. She may have just chosen to be a stay at home Mom.

MikaelaArsenault and Platterpus like this.
  7. artfromtex

I think people respect him, as opposed to fear him. Also, he isn't hard lined at all. He just isn't a lefty. But he is not really a righty either. He is a libertarian. Just a laid-back "live and let live" kind of guy.

8. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Kind of like what Leelee Sobieski did.

9. Saintbert

Saintbert Forum Resident

As far as unrealized potential goes, for me the one would be Brad Davis (1949-91). He's best known for playind the lead in "Midnight Express," but I think of him just as fondly for "Querelle," a 1982 Rainer Werner Fassbinder film and an unusual role for a Hollywood actor.

[​IMG]

10. eeglug

eeglug Senior Member

Ed Flanders

[​IMG]

11. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

Surely, you can't be serious.
    :winkgrin:

12. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

Lesser known, but what a talent: Ian Hendry. One of the bright young men in post-war British acting (with a drinking habit to match), Hendry could lock your attention on him in even the silliest film. He will forever be remembered as the vicious Staff Sergeant Williams in "The Hill". He was considered for "The Avengers" (this still was taken for that purpose.)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Alf., geralmar, Radio Jammor and 2 others like this.
  13. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Adam West
    [​IMG]

The original Batman, who made all future Batmans possible, who radiated such Life and joy in any appearance he made. He was like a warm grandfatherly figure, and yet such an eternal energy. Nobody tops Adam We.
    Phil Hartman
    [​IMG]
    While already mentioned in this thread, I feel he deserves elaboration. To me he was the comedy equivalent of Nicky Hopkins: rarely the center, but always an asset, any time he shows up, there's at least one thing that won't suck, and I always felt liked we only scratched the surface with him. With most SNL cast members that passed on, we saw them peak, but we never really saw Phil peak, and I always felt like he was one of those comedic actors who could have made the jump to drama, and of course nobody deserves to go that way.
    George Carlin
    [​IMG]

Ah, ol George. Mr Conductor, the Secen Dirty Words guy, such a legend. Even now, when any insane things happens in the news, I still go "boy I wish George were here to give his thoughts." Really this was the first celebrity death that affected me, because Thomas was such an important part of my childhood, and he was THE narrator, the one on pretty much any tape I had, and I just couldn't conceive of Mr Conductor dying, he seemed like he was there forever. Then when I got into his stand up, it really dawned on me how brilliant this guy was, and how much of him really is in so many after. Joe Pesci speed, Old F***.

14. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Yup. He was next in line if Don Adams had turned down the role. He auditioned before Adams.

15. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

He was at Comic Con Tampa Bay this weekend signing autographs. along with his wife. Career-wise, not sure.

16. rjp

rjp Senior Member

who was it that i saw at the republican national convention talking to a chair?

MikaelaArsenault and The Panda like this.
  17. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

I wasn't doubting you.:)

I was humorously setting up a comedic moment:[​IMG]

Standoffish and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  18. artfromtex

I know, but listen to Clint talk about what he personally believes. He doesn't fit into a simple box on the L/R political spectrum.

19. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

20. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Good call with Phil Hartman. He was the "utility player" on SNL, who could do pretty much anything (Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer being one of my faves).

I agree he probably would have been a good dramatic actor, given the right script (kind of like John Candy). Gone too soon, and too tragically.

21. I agree with a few already mentioned...John Ritter, Gene Wilder, Phil Hartman, and Anne Bancroft is one of my favorites.
    I'll add Chris Farley as well as a few actors that were in movies I enjoyed and haven't passed away, but aren't in much lately.
    Jim Carrey, John Cusack and Brendan Fraser.

22. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

What has happened to Jack Nicholson? Is he unofficially retired or just fed up with the business?

And what happened to Debra Winger?

Borgia and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Jack Nicholson has been retired but is doing one movie for a friend or a friend that wrote the book, something like that.

Moshe, Kubricker and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  24. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

Maybe Chinatown Pt. 3?

25. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Madeline Kahn

zebop, Moshe, kinkling and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.