Adam Sandler movies are the worst things ever

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

After getting conned into seeing the latest Adam Sandler movie, "Blended", I walked away thinking that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I would have walked out of it and demanded my money back if I hadn't been with someone else and the ticket hadn't been free. I mean, I saw "Groan Ups" ("Grown Ups") sometime back and it wast stunningly awful, but "Blended" made it look like "Bridge Over the River Kwai".

What is the deal with Adam Sandler lately? His movies have become so bad that they're almost parodies of themselves yet nobody seems to be in on the joke (even Sandler himself). Does he know what kind of drivel he's cranking out these days? Does he care? Does he smile all the way to the bank?

EricSwan, Huck Caton, Gumboo and 3 others like this.
  2. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Why should he care, he's making a FORTUNE. Isn't that the goal of making movies?

Claxton likes this.
  3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

He's probably in that enviable position (like Aniston) where he makes a mint regardless of how bad the picture does.

Vidiot and One Louder like this.
  4. Sure - but it shouldn't be the PRIMARY goal, unless you're a hack, a studio executive, or a shareholder in a production/studio.

5. Raf

Raf Senior Member

But then there's Punch-Drunk Love.

6. That's fuel on the fire, not a counterargument.

Chris C, SBurke, GodShifter and 2 others like this.
  7. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Obviously this is not the same thing as The Waterboy, but I can't say I enjoyed that film either. I loved the first 3 Paul Anderson movies, and then...

8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

As long as the sheep audiences keep handing him money why should he stop?

The only films of his I kinda enjoy are "Billy Madison" and "Grown Up". The latter one I'm rather embarrassed to admit to. I also like "Punch Drunk Love" but Paul Thomas Anderson probably could have put anybody in that role and done just as well.

I rented "Grown Ups 2" and got burn. What ridiculous garbage. And I rented "Jack and Jill" just to see Al Pacino acting like a jackass. Al didn't disappoint ("Dunk-a-chinno" commercial nearly worth price of admission), but I was stunned and amazed that such a worthless piece of garbage can actually get made in the first place.

Maybe Sandler is only a reflection of the times, with stupid fat people being entertained by juvenile garbage because their minds have devolved into jelly.

9. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

Lately??

10. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Happy Gilmour. Case closed.

11. Jack

Jack Senior Member

You're just learning this NOW? Many of us have known this for decades.

12. BurgerKing

BurgerKing Forum Resident

He's not related to Dave, it's Gilmore! Don't make it worse than it is :D

goodiesguy, marke and O Don Piano like this.
  13. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

They’ve really gone down hill since the 90’s/early 00’s. I did enjoy the 1st Grown Ups, That’s My Boy, and sorta liked Zohan but that’s about it the past 7 years or so.

14. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

It's the low brow crude "humor" genre. Checkout Seth Rogan's newest one Neighbors. Just awful. Got about 20M in and shut it off. These type of movies are based on shockingly gross or sexual perverted themes.

Huck Caton and Mark Nelson like this.
  15. Donutsss

Donutsss Forum Resident

Might be my fav movie!!

16. michaelscrutchin

michaelscrutchin Forum Resident

GodShifter likes this.
  17. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

He's easy on the eyes though so I'll keep going with the wife pretending to be there 'for her'.

nbakid2000 and MekkaGodzilla like this.
  18. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

That is disappointing to hear. The Sandler/Barrymore pairing is usually pretty good. I thought "50 First Dates" was surprisingly emotional.

goodiesguy and nbakid2000 like this.
  19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

"Anger Management" and "Big Daddy" are the only two Sandler movies that are actually good, IMO.

20. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Oh, I forgot about "Anger Management". Yeah, I like that one too. I can identify with it. I wouldn't go as far as to call it "good", but I do enjoy it.

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Must have been lucky all the Adam Sandler films I've seen have been great !

emmoashdad likes this.
  22. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i liked The Wedding Singer and Happy Gilmore. Anger Management had its moments. but the last several have been dreadful. although Click had its moments as well.

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

"Spanglish" wasn't horrible. I heard "Funny People" was okay, too.

It just seems the quality of his movies has gotten worse and worse. If you see the "Happy Madison" production deal at beginning, run for the hills.

jon9091 and mikeyt like this.
  24. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

No, the goal is for the studio to make money.

25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Anybody got a list of good ones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.