Adam Sandler movies are the worst things ever

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yes, which means you shouldn't be commenting positively in a thread that says "Adam Sandler's movies are the worst things ever." If you like his movies, then by your definition you're thread-crapping.

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think Hartman was never going to be a movie star - he was too much of a "supporting actor" sort to get leads. Farley could've had a good lead career, though...

Dudley Morris likes this.
  3. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I'm not much of an Adam Sandler fan ''the only movie of his i enjoyed was Spanglish'', but i thought this was a fun and harmless family flick. I am however a huge Drew Barrymore fan and she was great ''and beautiful '' as usual, and for once the kid actors weren't too annoying , hardly what i would call an ''awful'' movie.

4. audioguy3107

audioguy3107 Forum Resident

I've always thought Reign Over Me was a fantastic movie. Cheadle was good in it too.

5. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

This thread was referencing how his movies have gone down hill in recent years. I'm not sure why someone would start a thread basically to say Adam Sandler sucks...

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, Adam Sandler is reportedly a very nice person. His movies could well be the worst thing ever, as the thread title says.

7. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

I could tolerate him on SNL, but I have never thought he was EVER funny on ANY movie. To be fair I gave up long ago. Making billions of cash doesn't make him any funnier or make his movies any better.

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

12 - 16 year-olds go to the movies....a lot.

driverdrummer likes this.
  9. It's a shame he didn't live to make the Fatty Arbuckle biopic he was tapped to star in, that could've been a major eye-opener.

Vidiot likes this.
  10. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

Waterboy, Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison were pretty funny. Wedding Singer was ok. The rest were awful. It's a shame. He seems like he's a good guy.

11. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Sandler has always been terrible. I've never understood the appeal. Add in Drew Barrymore (can't stand her either) and you've got yourself a disaster. Stay away!

12. Kang

Kang New Member

He lost me a long ways back. Sad, because he has been funny. But as a man in his 50s, I don't have time to waste anymore and Adam Sandler has become a waste of time. Like I said, sad.

13. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Actually Drew Barrymore was a big part of the reason that I liked The Wedding Singer. She was quite adorable. And Sandler's character was appropiately low keyed to match hers nicely.

Manic Sandler I like... not as much.

Grunge Master likes this.
  14. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Neighbors is currently in the theater. How did you shut it off?

Vidiot likes this.
  15. danner

danner Forum Resident

I'm not sure if Farley would have had any better of a film career. I still have a soft spot for Tommy Boy, but he was really treading water by the end. I caught some of Beverly Hills Ninja on TV a few weeks ago, and it was embarrassingly bad. Fat guy yells, falls down, repeat.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Barrymore usually seems to be able to bring out the best in her co-stars. I had some hope for "Blended" because the two prior Sandler/Barrymore movies were good, but it looks so awful that I can't bring myself to buy a ticket.

Heck, I couldn't even do it for FREE! I had a movie pass set to expire on Thursday and used it for "Chef" instead...

17. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

It is awful. No question about it. Embarrassingly bad. When you've got Terry Crews and chorus entering the scene every ten minutes to give an African music rendition of some ridiculous plot point it makes you want to just scream. Stupidest plot logic ever: both families (after a bad date between the mom and the dad at a Hooters) decide to take a vacation to Africa - and, wow, - they wind up at the same hotel and the same rooms - OMG!

Family movie, huh? Is that why they show Drew Barrymore on a hang glider and then strategically move a rhino into the scene with it's horn pointing right up at her nether regions as she's coming down? Real great "family" entertainment there ... :rolleyes:

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I like the dude.
    Hate threads always put me off my
    Cheerios, slurp.

19. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Figure of speech. I just walked out. Just awful. Should've demanded my money back.

20. Claude

Claude Senior Member

21. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Adam Sandler movies are the worst things ever

Yes , they are!

22. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Please retire. You should have enough money now Adam.

23. ptmconsulting

ptmconsulting Member

We just avoid them, even if they are free on TV. I think he writes and produces and directs his own films, so he gets all or most of the profits. How much does he have to make to feel satisfied? I'm sure he gets that back and more. So as long as he has an audience that likes him enough to fund a new flick he will continue.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  24. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Ordinarily, any movie that has 80's video game characters in it would be a "must-see" for me. However, considering it's a Sandler movie, I'll have to pass.

25. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

That would be the (no pun intended) million dollar question for anyone in any industry/field who is earning upwards of 1 million per year, not just Sandler...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.