Alanis Morissette- Jagged Little Pill

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagged_Little_Pill

I just re-listened to this album for the first time in about 6 years, and I was amazed at how well it's held up. I liked it when it was released in 1995, and I still think it's a great album. One of the best of the 90's. Everything from the melodies, to the production, to the lyrics, to Alanis' singing just works for me.

Anyone else like it?

2. SecondHandNews

SecondHandNews Forum Resident

This album is absolutely incredible. Lyrics, vocals, music, production. It's bliss to me. I'd love to see Warner put this to vinyl with that Because Sound Matters campaign they have.

:love::love::goodie::love:

3. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

It's hard to say it's groundbreaking but it really is to me. It took me a while to get into it but once I did I just loved it. I still admire Alanis for being the person she is and putting it out into the world.

4. marantzbe

marantzbe Hyperactive!

One of my favourite album from the 90's.
    I saw Alanis on tour in 1999, great concert.

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Very good cd... Not a bad song on it....

6. IanL

IanL Senior Member

I've got to admit I used to goof on it when it first came out. She didn't write her own material, and I thought the hoopla was way overboard. However, as time went on, I did start to appreciate several of the later hits from the album. And the more I heard of it, the more I respected it. I worked at a music store at the time this came out. We sold TONS of this CD. TONS.

7. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I think it was a digital recording, so even a 45 Album Vinyl release with all the stops may be much improvement over the cd.

8. Scott Strobel

Scott Strobel Forum Resident

Excellent album!!! Now that's an title that could use a re-release in Hi-rez or gold and be a great seller for sure!

9. Millstone

Millstone New Member

Great album for sure, but it was completed in like a week, plus Glen Ballard was involved so it makes it kind of icky. I doubt the sound of the masters is that much better than the 1995 CD.

10. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

This one is sitting in my wife's collection amongst the various soundtrack, Madonna, and Broadway show tunes CD's. I seldom venture over into those discs, but after reading the comments here I might have to give that Alanis CD a spin. Doesn't Eric Avery from Jane's Addiction play bass on some of those tunes, or did he just tour with her?

11. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

He starting touring with her several years later. Flea and Dave Navarro play some stuff on PILL.

12. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Saw her on this tour with Tori Amos. She was excellent.

13. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I saw her in Dallas on that tour and it was an amazing concert. I went mainly to see her band:
    Deron Johnson-Keyboards
    Chris Chainey-Bass
    Gary Novak-Drums
    Joel Shearer-Guitar
    Nick Lashley-Guitar

but I was really blown away by how strong and controlled her voice was. The new album was a jazzy,Middle Eastern, Led Zeppelinish sound and I quite enjoyed it. It was an over 21 venue, so her Army wasn't really there to sing along to every song like I had heard about. I enjoyed her most recent album as well.

14. CaptainOzone

CaptainOzone On Air Cowbell

One of my favorites from the last 20 years. :thumbsup:

15. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Great CD.

Does she need another guy to mistreat her to get a good CD out of her?

16. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Everything that was ever recorded since the beginning of time trounces it.

17. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

It's still somewhat amusing the (alleged) guy in question was none other than:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Back on topic, it's definitely grown to be one of my favorites of the 90s. It's refreshing to hear this album at my own leisure now verus the singles playing constantly in my vacinity every other hour of the day around 1995/1996,

18. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I saw her on one of those late night PBS shows and the whole show was very good. I'd like to see her live.

19. everton

everton Forum Resident

I think Head over Feet is a really great song. Never tired of listening to it.

20. Zanth

Zanth Senior Member

Apparently you haven't listened to very much music

21. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Dixie Fried

But do they trump it? Wipe the floor with it? What are some other expressions? :laugh:

All I know is, "You Oughta Know" is truly righteous indignation. I've got no problem with Alanis because of that one track.

22. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Of course they do.

You know it.

They eat its lunch.

They make it cry like a little girl who somebody just cut her jumprope in half.

They give it a siesta that lasts 'til the next morning.

They use it to teach trouncing classes at L'Academie de Trouncent

23. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Yeah. That's it.

24. Dinsdale

Dinsdale Dixie Fried

:laugh: Brilliant. Trumped, trounced, wiped the floor. All the cliche's in all their (lack of) cleverness. And you've heard the whole record, have you? "You Oughta Know" - live?

And all the OP wanted to know was if anybody else liked it, not if they thought if it was trumped, trounced, wiped floor of. Party on! Sounds like fun!

25. Galaga King

Galaga King "Drive where the cops ain't"

Are you sure about that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.