Albums in your collection that you hate but you keep it anyways

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

This might be a fun thread.

I have the Black Sabbath Forbidden CD- the worst Sabbath album ever.
    ICE T raps on it!! :hurl: :hurl:

But I have all other Sabbath CD's which I love dearly so I can't part with it because its part of the collection.

2. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

"Victim of Love" by Elton John. I'm a completist.

JEFF!

3. SuperMusicFan2003

SuperMusicFan2003 New Member

St. Anger - Metallica

4. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

Duran Duran's Arena - but only in LP form...I've yet to get the CD of it.

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

KISS - Music From the Elder

I keep it because I have all the other Kiss albums.

6. bartels76

The Elder I don't love either but it has grown on me.

Actually KISS MY *** - Tribute Album I pretty much hate. I don't think I've busted it out and played itr since 1996 but I have it to complete my Kiss collection.

7. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Anything by Ray Conniff, Lawrence Welk, Billy Vaughn, Mantovani....elevator music for the brain-dead, though Conniff, admittedly, was a fine arranger of other acts' music. It's the kind of stuff you can find mint for 25 cents at flea markets, it's pretty useless stuff, but sold well in its time, kinda fills out the collection. I'm sure there are others, but those Unholy 4 are a good start....

:ed:

8. SuperMusicFan2003

SuperMusicFan2003 New Member

I've never heard this album and have been curious as I've heard it's onle of those albums you either love it or hate it.

9. bartels76

It's a really interesting record and you can tell why it was Kiss' worst selling album ever (it may be the second worst selling now) but some songs are kind of cool. It was just really not a Kiss album.

If you get it, make sure you get the Remaster as the tracks are in the intended order making the concept clearer.

10. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

Love this stuff. I can see why people don't like it though. :)

I have a lot of promos from working at a record store that really blow chunks, but I keep them for the jewel cases.

11. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

No accounting for taste, I guess, but those guys are responsible for some of my favorite "guilty pleasure" music, particularly Conniff. Nothing wrong with a little pleasant-sounding aural wallpaper now and then!

12. tradergoatee

tradergoatee Forum Resident

Revolver and Rubber Soul but since I have all the other ones I figure I should hold on to em even if they are the "weak Links in the chain".

13. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

Can O worms, Tone. :p

14. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Hornet's nest, Tone. :D

15. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Saturday Night Fiedler!

Amazingly, after all these years, it's stone mint in the shrink :D

16. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

Fightin' words, Tone.:p

17. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

I would recommend that you hear it. I am by no means a KISS fanatic, but it is one of my favorite KISS albums. I like Destroyer, Creatures of the Night, Lick it Up, Love Gun and The Elder the best. I probably listen to The Elder more than any of the others.

Most KISS fans HATE it. It was actually the KISS album that made me start buying their albums. A friend bought it and hated it. He let me borrow it and I loved it. When he found out I liked it, he asked for it back. I always thought that was strange. We are still friends and were able to go see the first reunion tour with the original members. We had a blast!!

18. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

I actually still own "Forbidden" too. I can't remember when I last heard it...

The only Sabbath cd that I have ever gotten rid of is "Headless Cross". I have bought it twice and traded it off both times!!

Tony

19. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Forum Resident

Exodus - Impact Is Imminent

Worthless, monotonous crap that I've had for so long, it's become a part of me.

A part of me I hate.

Craig,
    You've seriously crossed the line of good taste with that avatar. :righton:

20. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

:eek: :shake: :eek: :shake: :eek:

21. Paul Chang

Paul Chang Forum Old Boy, Former Senior Member Has-Been

Most John Lennon albums because you know who is on them.

22. It's not really fair lumping these four together, as they're pretty different from each other. Ray Conniff's music is light, but not totally soulless. Mantovani's earlier LPs are like Jackie Gleason without the jazz influence, which is fine sometimes...I fully admit to having a handful of early Mantovani reel-to-reels and loving them. And I would let go of a lot of classic rock LPs by artists adored on this board before I'd let go of my mint mono copy of Billy Vaughn's Sail Along Silvery Moon LP, which to me fits right in with rock and roll of that era; it's certainly got more in common with R&R than elevator music. As for Lawrence Welk, I might agree with you there...

23. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Fire-proof suit, Tone! :D

24. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

There are two reasons I keep albums that I absolutely hate:

1) I have all of the albums by that artist and want to keep my collection complete. This inlcludes albums such as Pink Floyd's The Division Bell, Paul McCartney's Press To Play, Genesis Calling All Stations & Yes Tormato.

2) I bought the album after hearing one song, and that song turned out to be the only song I like. Albums like Susan Vega's 99.9 Farenheit Degrees, U2 Pop, and Peter Gabriel Up.

Sean

25. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

"Two Rooms", the tribute CD to Elton John and Bernie Taupin. I pull it out every once in a while, hoping that the mix on the Who's version of "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" has somehow gotten better, but it still stinks every time--way too much mediocre drums. :shake: So back on the shelf it goes. I actually think I tried to sell this to a used CD shop, but they gave it back! :laugh:

John K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.