All Things Mötley Crüe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Boswell, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

VN tweets
    • For those of you who don’t understand, yes “the boys” means Motley and we signed a contract not to tour anymore. We never broke up or said we would never make music again. Hope this clears it up.
    1. Exciting news! I’ll be going back in recording studio in a few weeks with the boys to record 4 brand new Motley Crue tracks! Rock On!!

artfromtex and Pouchkine like this.
  2. SkeeterD

SkeeterD Well-Known Member

First record I ever bought was a copy of "Shout At The Devil" at a local antique store. Not even a proper record shop..
    Still own it, but boy could I not judge condition back then! :doh:

Matthew Tate and Pouchkine like this.
  3. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

4. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

I am oddly hopeful that there will be a couple of good ones in there. Being back with Bob Rock and having the perspective of Motley being "retired" and seeing their history on the silver screen should focus them on who they really are. Plus, this probably will be the last thing they ever do. That should motivate them to dig deep.

Pouchkine and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

LOL somebody thought Vince's singing was so bad that they put them under contract not to tour..
    So brickwalled recordings exclusively now.......

Matthew Tate and Panama Jack like this.
  6. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

I feel like Bob Rock will make a HUGE impact

also wonder if Nikki and James Michales had a falling out or if Tommy Vince or Mick requested Bob Rock

Matthew Tate and artfromtex like this.
  7. artfromtex

I think they want this to be as great and sound as great as it can. I imagine there was a consensus that Bob Rock is best suited to be the 5th person in the room.

I think Nikki WANTS to be challenged. He has really impressed me in the last year with desire to be a better player and to understand his gear and how tones can motivate you as a songwriter. I wish he had gone down this road 20 years ago.

Pouchkine likes this.
  8. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Hopefully Mick is playing guitar and not DJ Ashba. Mick Mars is by far my favorite Mick Mars!!

9. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

10. jason88cubs

I wonder if they are ALL going to be in the studio together recording or if they are doing it separately like SOLA

11. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Some friends saw Vince live at a festival in Europe last week and said he stole the show, in a good way.

Use_Your_Koala and artfromtex like this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

So far we've seen Tommy and Nikki working with Bob, no sign of Mick, Vince already confirmed he'll be going in later at some point to do vocals. There's nothing unusual in terms of how they are going about it, lay down drums/bass followed by guitar/vocals then overdubs/bells-whistles as required.

Panama Jack and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Too often in the past I think The Nikki-Tommy Show forgot that Vince & Mick are the Motley Crue sound...full stop.

BDC, artfromtex and Pouchkine like this.
  14. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Hope Bob Rock brings back that awesome thunderous drumming signature sound present in Dr. Feelgood, on the new songs on DoD and MC94.

15. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

True, but Vince's voice is like Ozzy's voice these days...iffy at best.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. jason88cubs

True but I'm talking the Feelgood, DOD, MC 94 days where they would be in studio together bouncing ideas off each other

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. artfromtex

He can deliver the goods in the studio. Especially with Bob Rock there pushing him.

Matthew Tate, Pouchkine and Deuce66 like this.
  18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Also his voice isn't completely shot like Paul Stanley or David Lee Roth, with multiple takes he'll sound just fine.

19. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Forum Resident

Even Diamond Dave was made to sound fine on ADKOT. Rumor has it the producer literally had him do one line or sometimes even one word at a time to get a usable take.

Bob Rock is no slouch. Vince will sound just fine! It may the result of Pro-Tools magic, but he'll sound fine! ;)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. jason88cubs

Like I said earlier if James Michaels was producing this I'd shrug it off. Half ass written songs, boring guitar, over produced, too many background vocals going on.

Bob rock will hopefully go back to the classic Mick sound and gwt that solid Crue sound

Turbo2k and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

Just the 4 guys, with Michaels and Ashba out of the picture, that's all I needed to read!
    Bob Rock's involvement is great news as well.

22. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I've seen so many video's where he doesn't even attempt chorus's..I've never seen him as bad as Ozzy in the last few years. Always glad to hear when people enjoy a good old fashioned rock show.

23. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Video of Vince singing with John Corabi.

Panama Jack likes this.
  24. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

25. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

His voice sounds fine, he just needs to lose weight. He sounds more out of breath than a bad voice.