Allman Brothers/HDtracks

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jon1969, Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon1969

Jon1969 I Like Beer Thread Starter

Search results for 'the allman brothers band' | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

Have a few questions about the ABB on HDtracks. I am looking at purchasing three titles:

1. S/T Debut (Deluxe Version) (This one has two versions of the same album on it)
    2. Idlewild South (Deluxe Edition Remastered) This also has Ludlow Garage on it also, which I don't have.
    3. Brothers and Sisters (They have two versions, album only and a deluxe version which I'm not interested)
    4. Eat A Peach

I've searched through this forum but haven't found much info on the specific HDtracks offerings.

My questions:

What are the two versions of the same album on the S/T Debut?

Brothers and Sisters...Is the stand alone CD the same as the one on the deluxe? And why is the stand alone Brothers and Sisters at a higher bit rate?

Are Idlewild and Eat A Peach nice sounding versions compared to what is available commonly on CD at the big internet stores?

I currently have Beginnings on CD which does not have the original mix (Cross To Bear does not have the fade out and the fade in at the end of the track). I think the HDtracks version would probably take care of that, if that's the original version on it. Beginnings has Idlewild on it also. My Brothers and Sisters and Eat A Peach CDs I have right now are labeled Capricorn at the top and Polygram/Mercury in fine print around the circumference. I purchased them in 2012. I only have the CD's and not the cases for these two titles. Are they the "Drake" mastered CD's? While researching this site, that version seems popular but I can't tell if they are.

I have the At Fillmore East Deluxe Edition which I am happy with. I pretty much have the rest of the catalog which I am happy with including Ludlow, A & R, Atlanta Pop and Bear Sonic Journal. I have Stonybrook which the quality isn't quite up there but the music is!

Would any of these HDtrack offerings be an upgrade or should I save my money? As a note, these are some of my favorite music ever, been listening to this stuff for 40 years.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. art

art Senior Member

Idlewilth South (non deluxe) sounds
    Amazing in 24/192. I’m talking the stand-alone. The deluxe edition (24/192) isn’t as good, weirdly.

3. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

My recommendations.

S/T: original stereo mix MFSL SACD
    Idlewild South & S/T (remix): Beginnings SHM-SACD
    Eat A Peach: MFSL SACD
    Brothers and Sisters: MQA CD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.