Amazon Prime Day is July 12th (2016)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by KeithH, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino

Dino Forum Resident

BGLeduc, alerted me to a good deal on SanDisk Ultra 200GB Micro SD Cards for $59 (usually $79). These have been working fine on my PonoMusic Player.

2. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Sheesh, what a disappointment. Thought I might find a sweet price on some headphones but the good quality stuff doesn't have much of a discount, the cheap deals are all knockoff/no-name brands.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I just got up, and see that here, and over at Blu-ray.com, that Amazon has once again, dropped a huge, steaming turd. :laugh:

4. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

This is really the only worthwhile deal that I've seen so far today. Luckily, I happen to have a Amazon Visa Card. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything to buy. :shake:

5. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Hello Keith.

I have this edition of KOB and yes, out of the inner it is noisy, sounds like Static pops and clicks.
    The good news is that every 'cleaning/playing' using my trusty ol Discwasher brush and fluid brought the noise down to almost none.
    So now it just sounds like your average United pressing........:yikes::bigeek::hurl::hurlleft:

the beave

6. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

as best I can tell, this whole thing has been concocted as a feeble attempt to move Amazon's dubious consumer electronics line

7. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

SJP, guidedbyvoices and Dino like this.
  8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Got one good deal-the 10" FireHD Tablet, really nice one that goes normally for $229 and snagged it for $149, $80 off.
    Now that's significant. And i know it's one of their products, but their older kindle beat the snot out of my 10" Asus Tablet, which is ok, but the kindle just smoked it for performance and I got to put it on my Amazon Store card, which is their version of Paypal's 6 months no interest thing.

I'm happy.......
    the beave

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I bought, but then canceled, the 10" Prime table for $110 Like New from Warehouse Deals (price of Warehouse Deals stuff dropped in lock step with the price of the new one).

The piss poor screen and ghetto processor finally convinced me to bail. I have the super ghetto Fire 7" tablet, and by all accounts, the 10" is just as sluggish. I find the 7" just barely acceptable for consumption on media on the plane, but not even responsive enough to be acceptable for any serious surfing.

10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And, remarkably, "This offer has ended." Unbelievable!!! :cussing:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  11. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I spent this morning augmenting my orders to get the total over $150 and it expired. I am so pissed off at Amazon right now.

12. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Same here. Really irritating.

13. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Same here. My wife called customer service and was told that it expired at 11:59 AM.

14. bubba-ho-tep

I chatted with a customer service rep and she tried to tell me that the promo code expired earlier in the day. I explained that nowhere in my e-mail did it say that the code expired at 12:00 (which is what she was trying to tell me). I finally requested that my Prime membership simply be canceled and that I be refunded the balance of my membership fee for the year (I was really irritated).

Long story short, I still have my membership and I received a $30 credit. I still requested that they do better in the future about spelling out the details of promo codes in the future. My guess is that Amazon realized late in the game that there were a lot of people that were going to take advantage of the code and they tried to nip it in the bud in a rather clumsy way.

Pants Party and rediffusion like this.
  15. Myke

$30.00 off $150.00 is only 20%. I seriously doubt Amazon would be worried over that paltry a sum, in the big picture that is Amazon.

16. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Very very disappointing. I will cancel my Prime membership at once.

17. bubba-ho-tep

Oh, I agree but it's the principle of the matter. What Amazon pulled off today was a bait and switch, plain and simple.

18. Myke

I'm apparently one of the few that wasn't falling for today's " event," after last year's BS. I even had family members that thought " this year might be different. "
    I'm not wiser or anything, I'm just more cynical, and mistrusting. On top of that, I never let it stop me from buying in my normal patterns, including from Amazon. There is simply nothing I want from now through October, when the last of my pre orders are fulfilled. Spending $120.00 to save $30. on unnecessary crap is saving nothing at all.
    Should they have stated the deadline ? Of course, Barnes and Noble tells me down to the minute.
    That was wrong. But they're Amazon. Filthy rich, so they don't care.

longdist01 likes this.
  19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    dkmonroe likes this.
  20. dkmonroe

Yeah, I saw that one and passed on it because I'm just not that into HOTH. Then I passed on the Presence deluxe edition LP for $8.99 on eBay from ImportCDs. I figured I'd pass on any LZ deluxe edition except for the debut, which I covet for the live album, but seeing IV for under $20 just turned my head. I really like the alternative mixes for IV, and I'd probably have paid more just for the second LP if that were marketed individually.

Who knows, there may be more of these deals. I'm sure they pressed a damn lot of those LP's and the deluxe editions may not be moving as efficiently as predicted.

SJP likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Good gosh, thanks for correcting me in time. It was the 3 LP Physical Graffiti that I meant to say. I guess it was HotH I had on my mind because that is a title I want but have yet to find it for an extraordinary deal. So did you buy IV? What are you waiting for??? ;)

22. dkmonroe

Ah, yes, I remember PG being on sale. Actually put that in my cart for a while and then bailed on it. Yeah, I ordered IV today - if the universe just keeps throwing cheap Zeppelin vinyl at me, eventually I'll bite.

Now if LZ1 deluxe turns up for under $20 I'll really be ecstatic!

23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Coda (single) is still out there, I think for $7.99. I haven't bit on that one. I think Presence is as well but PG must have sold out (shocking, I know).

Since I'll have four out of the 9 studio albums, I probably should just suck it up and get Coda while the getting is good. Of course, temptation will be there for 1-3 but strangely, those are my least favorite LZ albums.

(And now back to the regular programming, complaining about Amazon not having what you want on sale today...as if they owe any of us anything. Prime Day may be a bit underwhelming but isn't every Black Friday, RSD (1, 2, ∞)???)

dkmonroe likes this.
  24. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Coda is one with the triple vinyl and all those great bonus songs I want in deluxe. I'm just now starting to buy these on LP and agree that I don't need zep 4 deluxe but at that price I have to!

25. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I was busy yesterday without access to a computer or my phone for most of the day, but when I previewed the deals the evening before Prime Day I could tell that there wasn't going to be much, if anything, of interest. The $30 off $150 would have been nice, but the earlier WDEARLY20 20% off Warehouse Deals coupon code was even nicer. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.