AMC's The Killing will return for a 3rd season (was cancelled, since renewed)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RickH, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts Thread Starter

2. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

I think it goes to show how bad press can effect ratings. I was enjoying the first season enough to keep watching a second, but ending it without a resolution about who the murderer was left a bad taste in my mouth. Then all the bad press started and when the second season started up I just couldn't be bothered.

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

That's a shame because I think the second season was far better than the first.

I'm okay that it's not coming back. It was a nice long look at an investigation, both realistic and surrealistic. Glad it had the length it did, we really don't need more. Not sure the "team" would have held my interest to the same extent in a second, third etc. case. Discovering the characters and secrets of the investigators was part of the "charm," now that they're fleshed out it would be a bit duller for me.

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I feel that ending of the first season just killed the series even though I continued to watch it. AMC bumbled this show big time...

5. I agree...you can't keep promoting a show with "who killed...?" and not deliver the goods at the end of the season and expect no blow back.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Sorry to see it go. But not half as sorry as I was that AMC killed Rubicon. Still smarting over that one.

7. Lonson

That really didn't bother me that much. It made me tune in to find out.

8. Lonson

Absolutely awful that it was canceled, and hasn't shown up on dvd or blu-ray!

9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Me too. Well, the Rubicon part. I thought that show was great. Really miffed it didn't get a second season but Killing did. I quit on Killing after season one and never watched any of season 2.

10. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

It was. :righton:

11. Twin Peaks all over again.

12. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

I'm disappointed in their decision. On the the bright side, maybe they'll replace it with a reality show about people who are bachelors or bachelorettes looking to hook up. That's a show television truly needs.

13. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I've never watched this show but I researched it a little bit after seeing this thread. I have to ask, has the finale aired yet? According to Wikipedia, the killer was supposed to have been revealed in the 2nd season finale.

I only ask because I'm not gonna bother to watch it on Netflix if it's just gonna leave me hanging after 26 eps! :laugh:

14. Lonson

Yes, the final episode aired weeks back, it's all over.

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That was a really good show. There were about 5000 loose ends they never cleaned up, too, so viewers really were left hanging when that ended.

16. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

17. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I did not like the overall look of the show-drab, muted colors and bad shadow effects.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

It isn't just "bad press" that killed...er...The Killing. I mean, c'mon the show wasn't really that great. The writing was pretty aimless, most of the actors were pretty terrible, and the show felt pretty silly overall. At least we didn't have to wait 6 seasons to realize the creators/writers really had no idea where they were going...

19. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

Not so sad about The Killing, but I loved Rubicon. I'm still miffed, too. AMC has made some odd decisions.

20. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

Yes, eventually the formula became laughable, particularly at the end with the drumming on the soundtrack and the cliffhanger set up. The performances of the two leads are all that kept me watching finally, and during the last episode I nearly threw my hands up I found the resolution so ludicrous. The show needed to go.

21. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts Thread Starter

22. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Forum Resident

Lonson, if no one has noted this, please know that the first season was released on blu-ray. I have it.

23. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

If it went for a third season wouldn't the title need to be changed to 'The KillingS'?

24. John54

John54 Senior Member

This is an unfortunate decision, because if there's one thing TV doesn't have enough of, it's shows about people getting killed.

25. Lonson

I have the first season of The Killing on Blu-ray as well. What I was lamenting is the non-appearance of Rubicon on disc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.