American Idol 2008 discussion - ***possible spoilers***

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

To bad he can't get some good material to record.

2. zen archer

zen archer Forum Resident

That guy didn't even look like George Michael ??.....wow....either he is not aging well or
    he is sick ?

3. zen archer

Yea , what Simon said was pretty bad "oh im sorry david i may have disrespected you"???
    He disrespects everyone !!!!...C'mon thats his Schtick ...why did he kiss up to this kid ?

4. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

But can he sing? He was the highlight of the show (for me) and I've never been a George Michael fan.

5. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

:agree: Just got home from the pub. Just watched the final 3 or 4 minutes on the VCR. OMG! :eek:

Based on Tuesday evening's performances and what everyone on-line was saying, it looked as if young "Archie" might win. As the Rutles would say, "Shocked and stunned." Fans of Mr. Cook just need to hope that Clive Davis gives the kid some breathing room when it comes to song selection and arrangements on his first album.
    :laugh: :agree: Steaming mad, I suspect.

6. boyfromnowhere

boyfromnowhere Senior Member

I turned the TV on right before this performance. I'm glad to have seen it! I never would've expected to see Graham Nash on there! Very cool.

7. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Definitely the best thing all night. At first I didn't get the point - a classic Idol thing that every comic bit seems out of place - but watching it on it's own it seems pretty cute. I think Downey, as the straight guy, is really good. He looks so proud of himself. Fun stuff and clever editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYFs83TjHcU

9. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Me either.

I can give Nash a pass for not being able to sing a lick. At least he's old. But she was dreadfully out of tune.

10. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Im glad David C won. I am surprised though. I think David C is the better of the two but David A clearly won all 3 rounds the other night. Maybe the public was voting on who did the best throughout the competition. If so, then that is a good thing.

Hope next years better.

11. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

:thumbsdn: That was one of the lowest points of the show for me. I thought he was awful and boring as can be! The other lows being Donna Summer, and then Jordin Sparks screeching. Boy, she makes this years top 10 sound top rate.

12. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

i still think michael johns and carly smithson should have been the final 2.

they can belt it out.. with such ease.

13. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

he's had too much "work" done. He's turning into a classic looking old greek man, which is what he's going to become, he's greek...Think Aristotle Onasis... yet its something he's clearly trying to fight with a lot of eye work and other little bits of plastic surgery, hence those spectacles on his face covering all the freaky work. he's close to becoming michael jackson he looks so odd now.

He's at the point of really messing with his face and now he always hides behind huge glasses so hopefully in a few years it'll sort itself out naturally if he stops having work done.

lyrically it was a beautiful moment, that song is right on time 20 years later ,and with all the charity work Idol seems to do and with things in the world the way they are....he could have come out and rocked and guaranteed to sell some tickets to his concerts that arent selling that well, but instead chose to sing a song, a basic prayer for the world. I really respect that guy in a way. His heart was in the right place, and if he actually was with a cold and sang that great, then wow, that's going to be some concert.

but he and seal and donna makes you realize no one on that show this year could really carry much of a tune....really is an amateur hour...

14. SuiteMadameBlue

SuiteMadameBlue Rockin' The Paradise

This was the best thing all night, I couldn't stop laughing!! :D Downey was great!!

Thanks for posting the link, I just had to watch it a few more times - LOL

15. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

I didn't particularly like the lead singer from Nickelback all season... until last night. Sharp Dressed Man with ZZ Top was very cool, and the 80's eye-liner was perfect.

In the end, I think the right guy won.

16. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Of all the top 10, 12, their performance of "The Letter" was best of the evening. They both looked relaxed, something Carly had problems with during the seaon. They were having fun, and neither were out of pitch.

17. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I'm not sure I agree about Johns, but I definitely agree about Smithson. What a rotten final pair this was.

18. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

:agree: And not even a particularly good amateur hour in terms of the quality of the contestants.

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I really have to agree. While watching the various performances by the Top 10 or 12, it was obvious that the Final 2 weren't the best of the bunch.

20. zen archer

I think they should limit voting to one vote a household ( i don't know if thats possible)
    but people now can use software to auto dial as many times as possible.

Did this Cook kid win by 12 million votes or was that the total amount of votes ?

21. zen archer

Yea , i still like Syesha and that Chikezie kid ....i think a final 2 with a female and male is
    more exciting.

22. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Its being reported that he won by 12 million votes!

23. RDK

RDK Active Member

Yes, with like 97M votes cast.

24. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

I din't even like her song, but I think it was clear last night that Carrie Underwood is SO far above and beyond anyone whose come after her (on A.I.) that the show could have ended after that season and we might all have been better off.

25. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I'm not a country fan in the least (except instrumental bluegrass), but it was obvious from her very first audition that year Carrie had it going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.