An apparently very rare Jimi cd...

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by dufman, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dufman

dufman Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

3. This is so ridiculous. This set was sold for around $20 and widely available at the time. I once owned it (and others in the series) but sold them because the sound quality was not quite as good as on the original Polydor WG CD's.

The CD set might be rarer today, but it shouldn't be worth more than maybe $30 to max. $50. But it appears it is worth more than that to at least two people...

4. dufman

dufman Forum Resident Thread Starter

sold for a cool $374. wow.

5. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Ok if your the seller. Wonder who will put one up next-member of the forum?

6. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

I bought one from audiospirit for a very reasonable price too - he shouldn't be upset since he is not ripping off his customers but offering excellent OOP items at fair prices. He's a real asset to the classified forum and I rate him very highly as a person from my dealings with him over the net.

There's more to life than getting the most money you can from people - I'm sure everyone here agrees but I just wanted to say it here since we sometimes forget to state the obvious....

:)

7. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Exactly - two people with more money than sense wanted this set badly and the result was an unusually high price. I'd be surprised if we see another one get even $100 any time soon.

I could be wrong - I won't be testing my theory by selling mine though. I bought it for my Hendrix WG Polydor CD collection and that's where it will stay until I am pushing up the daisies!

8. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Sometimes on ebay it's all about marketing...

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

As everything is in the world these days . . . . Oh, sorry, got a little philosophical there.

10. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

The Animals collection of this series is the best sounding (later day) collection I've heard.

11. audiospirit

audiospirit Active Member

This set is not very rare.The Singles for example more rare.Also seller is lying,it is not "mail-order only" cd set.This set,as many other very nice sets was made for german stores Zweitausendeins.The only truth is,this compilation was made for Germany only.
    I put couple of this sets to US Ebay before ,and never got over 50 usd.I think trick is--- seller here is lying about "mailorder only"

12. audiospirit

p.s

I actually even don't know any WG cd for "mailorder only".Here is two kinds of cd's existed: With regular serial numbers & Club Editions.Last ones have different serial numbers and sometimes (but not always) more rare than regular ones.

BTW ,all "Zweitausendeins" sets,which was in my hands have great sound & nice songs compilations.Some of them was in late production too (I saw Bee Gees "Zweitausendeins" with Universal logo inside matrix),but such sets is still No-NR,not remastered nice sounding ones.

13. joachim.ritter

joachim.ritter Senior Member

Zweitausendeins basically is a mail-order company with a few shops. 13 shops now and probably even less at the time the Hendrix CD set was released.

Joachim

14. joachim.ritter

Limited Edition CDs on the "Return To Sender" label, a sub-label of the "Normal" label. I guess there are other ones as well.

Joachim

15. audiospirit

On the back of every Zweitausendeins cd written "it was released for sale in Zweitausendeins stores" .No signs about some kind of mail-ordering.

If some true "mail-order" companies was existed,they still have no relationship with Zweitausendeins.

16. audiospirit

17. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

We must be diligent in refusing to pay insane prices for this stuff, even if it is 'rare'. I just bought the Mastersound Gold CD of Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water from an Amazon vendor for $10.00. Although even $50.00 would have been reasonable, the lowest price for this disc on Ebay is $162.00! The correctly listed item on Amazon ranges from $175.00 to $240.00 - CRAZY!!
    :yikes: :crazy:

18. joachim.ritter

You don't know "Zweitausendeins", do you?

It is a mail-order (books, DVDs, CDs) company with a couple of shops and an online-shop. Some items are exclusively sold by Zweitausendeins.

Joachim

19. audiospirit

I know,but this Hendrix set still is NOT "mailorder only".

20. audiospirit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.