Anger Management

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Lownotes, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lownotes

Lownotes Senior Member Thread Starter

Anybody checked out "Anger Management" yet?

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I saw it last night. Some big laughs, but overall, a disappointing thumb's down. I've never been a big Adam Sandler fan, but some of the funniest jokes in the movie are his one-liner wisecracks. Jack's performance will have you thinking of The Joker in Batman. There are soooo many cameos, it's like playing "name that celebrity" after awhile. The plot is totally contrived--if you can't see what's coming, you haven't been to enough movies. The big climax is lifted right out of Drew Barrymore's Never Been Kissed, although given a much bigger stage. (Hey, didn't Drew and Sandler costar in The Wedding Singer?? "Mind if I steal your ending?")

I spent a good deal of the last half-hour checking my watch.

3. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I'll just wait and rent the DVD instead.

4. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I came of age with "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore," as well as the "They're All Gonna Laugh At You!" and "What The Hell Happened To Me" albums, so I appreciate Adam Sandler's brand of comedy. I realize it's not the most intelligent form of humor around, but for me, it works.

That said, I liked "Anger Management," and thought that Nicholson and Sandler were both equally funny. The cameos were a bit excessive, especially once I saw (SPOILER ALERT!)Rudy Giuliani imitating Rob Schneider's "YOUKINDOOEET!" (END SPOILER)

If you want to see a really great Sandler flick, though, check out "Punch Drunk Love" when it comes out on DVD.

5. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I just saw it today and thought it was great.The guest spots were pertinent to the movie.I guess I'm not overly critical and took it for what it was,a good three star movie.Very funny.

6. I thought it was good as well. I don't know what the guy that didn't like it expected, but if he expected Tom Hanks, he went to the wrong movie. A funny movie, but a lot less slapstick than most of Sandler's stuff.

7. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Still have to see this one. The trailer looked hilarious. I love the way they use The Who's Won't Get Fooled Again.

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

love nicholson

despise sandler (hasn't even made me smile since opera man)

i'll wait and rent it.

renny

p.s. mr. deeds might just be the worst movie ever made. i'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a comedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.