Another rare Abba CBS CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KennyG, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry folks if this seems a bit repetitive but the first pictures of another super rare Abba CD have just been published on my site.

Some guy saw last week's piece about the CBS European CD of Gracias Por La Musica - turns out he has the insanely rare US version of that CD, which some forum members here have been searching out for years.

Hopefully, this will put an end to current spate of super rare Abba CDs turning up for me to add on the site. :D

Anyway, the link is: http://abbaoncd.wordpress.com/north-american-cds/cbs-us-1989/

This will be the last update for a while I hope - this month is the first I have had to update the site three times due to rare stuff suddenly coming to light. :help:

kevinsinnott likes this.
  2. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Very cool!

3. billygtexas

billygtexas Forum Resident

Very nice blog, I didn't know my Atlantic target copies of Greatest Hits 1 & 2 were that collectible.:D I've seen them pop up now and then at used CD stores, both target and ring versions.

4. rock76

rock76 Forum Resident

Bought this particular pressing of "Gracias por la Música" (CBS, USA 1989) a few months ago and though I haven't checked its levels on EAC, by looking at the waveforms it seems it is the same mastering as Japan's POCP-2209.

5. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

From what I can see on the web,the US CBS CD is a good bit scarcer than the US CBS LP,which is kinda common.

6. rock76

rock76 Forum Resident

It is. I found it by chance listed on Amazon's marketplace.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.