Anthrax "For All Kings" (2016) new album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by agentalbert, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

That is pretty brutal.

Jewel case? Digipak with a tray, or one of the typical paper thing cardboard sleeve things?

2. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

The most chilling part of that video is the dude with shoulder hair. Fellas, make an effort for your ladies!

I really like that song. The ending of the video is dumb. Not the guys taking off their masks, but the guy looking out over the modern city. Yeah, I get it, thanks for beating me over the head with the idea that we haven't evolved beyond our brutal ways. Most Anthrax fans aren't 14 years old and don't need the message spoon fed to them.

3. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

Lol. I was just happy to see an actual music video with some production values. As opposed to the onslaught of lyric vids bands usually go with nowadays. :righton:

4. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

Digipak with a tray.

5. weekendtoy

weekendtoy Rejecting your reality and substituting my own.

Can't argue with that list. I'd also add Finale off of State of Euphoria as it contains one of my favorite verses ever:

I drink three six packs
    Just so I can look at your face

6. jackson123

jackson123 Forum Resident

This one sounds promising. Anyone know how brickwalled this is?

7. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

I think it sounds great. I have the MP3 and black vinyl (left the blue vinyl sealed up,) and both sound great to my ears. I've played loud in the car and loud on my turntable at home. No ear-bleeding, sounds fantastic.

I've played it to death over the past week. I'll go as far to say its the best album i've heard in many a year, certainly the best metalwise. I love A Book of Souls by Maiden but this is far shorter (around an hour in length,) and far more immediate. And Blood Eagle Wings is a classic, total epic.

Best Metal album of 2016?? Someone is going to have to really write and record something special to take that aware from Anthrax.

The Hud likes this.
  8. heartbroken_poet

heartbroken_poet Forum Resident

I can confirm my needledrop of the yellow splattered vinyl has DR11, so it is acceptable.

9. jackson123

jackson123 Forum Resident

That's cool. Usually vinyl releases are never bricked, but I wonder how the actual CD sounds. If it is not brickwalled, than a trip to the store for this one is in order.

10. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

mdm08033 likes this.
  11. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Scott and Marc had a great conversation at the cat ranch.

12. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

theshape likes this.
  13. Almost Simon

Finished listening to it this morning, good interview. Wish they'd talked more about the new album but i guess by the end they'd talked for quite a while. Good to learn more about Scott. Very enjoyable.

mdm08033 likes this.
  14. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Weird, Best Buy had it in a cardboard sleeve.

15. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

My copy is in a four paneled metallic/foil print cardboard sleeve, with a plastic slip cover. The CD label sort of looks like etched glass! :righton:

The Hud likes this.
  16. The Hud

Maybe that is what Best Buy had, I didn't look that close, but I couldn't see any plastic tray.

17. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

I ordered mine from Amazon.... It doesn't have a tray in it, which honestly, I would have preferred! lol.

The Hud likes this.
  18. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

My yellow splatter vinyl arrived from Bull Moose today. It also comes with a cool turntable mat. Going to give it a spin in a bit.

Clanceman and Almost Simon like this.
  19. The Hud

Just got the Japanese 2CD deluxe today. It is in slimline double jewel case!

20. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

just picked it up. will check it out this week

21. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Is there a way to know if you get the Splatter or Blue copies? I would much prefer the Blue or regular Black.
    Thanks

22. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

There were no stickers or anything on mine. Just shrink wrap and price tag. I ended up with a blue copy.

celticbob likes this.
  23. RichNY

RichNY Forum Resident

If it has the slipmat it's the splatter. The regular US version is blue. If you want black you have to get it from Nuclear Blast Europe.

theshape and celticbob like this.
  24. Almost Simon

Didn't realise the US was blue only. Seems strange. There's numerous versions of this, would be nice to know how many. I was tempted to go for more but settled with black and blue.

25. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.