Anti releasing Tom Waits' Elektra albums!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keithdylan, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain Thread Starter

From Twitter:

ANTI is re-releasing Tom Waits' entire 1970's Elektra Asylum catalog. 'Closing Time' is out 3/09 and available for pre-order at http://found.ee/Waits_Store . The rest of the catalog will be available throughout 2018.

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Oh, no. There goes my budget.

keithdylan likes this.
  3. keithdylan

You and me both.

4. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

And my wallet wept.

5. Davey

Davey NP: Jane Weaver ~ Love in Constant Spectacle (LP)

6. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

Ordered Closing time on vinyl. Free shipping too! Will see how it sounds compared to my scratchy original.

keithdylan likes this.
  7. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

I couldn't find an email for Anti- so have sent a message to Kings Road Merch (the official Anti- online store) asking them who has remastered these re-issues and if the lp's are from all-analogue or digital sources. Will report back if and when I get a reply...

mikeyt and Crush87 like this.
  8. keithdylan

Thanks for the tip on free shipping. Just went nuts.

9. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I'm more interested in the Island years, but "Blue Valentine" kinda belongs with them for me, so I would love a good CD remaster of that one (though there's really nothing wrong with the original CD). I wonder if there will be hi-res downloads for these as well.

10. NatchezTrack

NatchezTrack Forum Resident

Did anyone check the ANTI press release that's been quoted on several websites? Refers to Blue Valentine including "...a stunning orchestrated rendition of Gershwin’s “Somewhere” ..." No, obviously it's Leonard Bernstein/Stephen Sondheim.

Now, the question is will there be a generation of Millennials running around thinking George and Ira Gershwin wrote 'West Side Story'? Nah, if they happen to stream it obviously it's a Tom Waits song.... (sigh)

soundfanz likes this.
  11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I used to play Waits' version of "Somewhere" for friends when the album came out (and most people weren't familiar with Waits). This beautiful orchestration starts and then...THAT VOICE...never failed to get a reaction.

12. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose has yellow vinyl indie edition of Heart of Saturday night, coming in March.

13. jefferyuniverse

jefferyuniverse Well-Known Member

My friend has an original pressing of "Closing Time." I'd love to get a reissue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.