Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Are people really that shallow?

2. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I'll watch short or long. I've enjoyed the show since season one.

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I think I have just gotten burned out on the show. Also the storyline of the show has changed significantly. It is not just about 4 nerds and the goofy things they do.

Actuarybrad and rburly like this.
  4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I agree. I think once they crossed that bridge of actually having girlfriends and then Leonard and Penny getting engaged, it lost what made it funny and fun to watch. They just seem to be doing anything for a show now. And people will watch. I hate to compare shows, but Modern Family is essentially the same as when it began and pretty much as funny as it ever has been IMO.

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Still a great show. Loved the the new episode. Much more enjoyable than the new Brooklyn Nine-Nine episode, which was merely average (hope the next one is better).

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I doubt Penny's hair will effect ratings. I think it looks awful, but its not gonna sink the show.

7. htom

htom Senior Member

Given that at least one of the preoccupations of three of the characters at the start of the show were about relationships they didn't have at the time, this sounds like a misrepresentation of the initial premise, unless watching the Sheldon character's antics was the only point at the time.

8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I think I am burned out as well forced relationships especially Sheldon
    The formula is ruined Howard should of just stayed miserable .
    Penny& Leonard is almost a retread of Ross & Rachael
    it's really forced as well. The show is getting real old fast.
    same jokes at times .I really don't know how squeeze 10 yrs out of this?
    of course the did with Friends I wished they hadn't pure disaster.

rburly likes this.
  9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Wouldn't the show have gotten old faster if the characters never changed or developed or met other people?

Deesky likes this.
  10. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I doubt ratings will suffer either. But I hope she grows it back. She looks like Miley Cyrus now...

rockclassics likes this.
  11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Penny and Leonard have always been boring as a couple. I really get tired of seeing how Sheldon treats Amy too, and that she just keeps putting up with it.

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Yeah, sometimes Amy's long face when Sheldon disappoints her is too sad to really be funny. If Amy was still as weird as Sheldon you could believe she would be satisfied with the relationship, but they've made her character a lot more normal (though not totally normal) and vulnerable since she was introduced.

rburly likes this.
  13. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

She looks like she aged 10 years.

rockclassics likes this.
  14. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Ditto. And she's not MILFy, IMO. :winkgrin:

rockclassics and Jerryb like this.
  15. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Outside of your usual great taste in music that seems to almost always match mine, I just knew that there had to be something else that we have in common and it appears to be MILF's! :righton: Too bad that "Big Bang Theory" hasn't got any and I pray that the producers always keep their promise, to NEVER show Howard's mom and I mean NEVER!!!

RoyalScam likes this.
  16. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

The chemistry is gone between Leonard and Penny.

17. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Jerryb likes this.
  18. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

OMG - Penny is Samson in drag! I trust the actors and writers far more than some of you.

19. rockclassics

Good point. All she needs to do is stick her tongue out. :D

20. rockclassics

I think you are on to something. In addition to the clothes some of the angles and the way she sat in some scenes definitely avoided showing her stomach.

She has been hinting in the press that she would like to have a child so she could be preparing for the big announcement.

If true I wonder how they will handle it on the show?

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Another nice episode. I especially loved the Mars rover bit. At first we thought that Howard would make a goose of himself throwing the ball like a gurleymaan, but then he smartly decides to play to his strength, tech nerd, by revealing a real Mars rover, only to be ultimately embarrassed by the tragically slow pace of the rover. Classic!

22. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I thought that she'd put on some weight as she looked fuller in the face, but a pregnancy would explain that.

She will have to give up on her friend Sauvignon Blanc. :)

23. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I dunno...there's something about Christine Baranski...(but she's only a fringe character here)

Jerryb likes this.
  24. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I may be backtracking a bit, perhaps the dowdiness of the clothing was to reflect the mood of Penny. Then again the wardrobe people may be preparing for an eventual pregnancy. I feel sorta guilty - this crosses over into her private life. As for how the show would deal with it - laundry baskets, high counters, sweatshirts, etc. Production probably wraps up in February - five months from now.

25. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Felicity seems like a million years ago when you see Keri Russell in "The Americans" now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.