Any fans of "The Voice?"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Nostaljack, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Well, you don't need to watch the show or read the thread if it's so bad, then, do you? Go listen to something you like. :)

2. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I was just stating an opinion on a thread that was open for comments. And believe me, I do listen to REAL music and not these 15 minutes of fame wannabes.

3. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Holy crap, this show is off to an unbelievable start! Jeffery and Emily Ann have never been better, and forget Barrett, Emily Ann is now THE country contestant of the season. I'm very impressed so far.

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

We don't get to see it here in Cleveland area because of Monday Night Football. It's showing tomorrow afternoon instead!

5. Monosterio

It's not playing on an alternate station (if you want to see it tonight, that is)? Here they'll usually play the regular show on a sister station.

Braiden killed the momentum, btw. He was just OK.

6. Lonson

No, apparently not. . . ah well.

7. Monosterio

I have no idea who the bottom two will be tonight, but if it were up to me it would be Braiden and Amy, with Braiden going. But who the hell knows, it may just be Korin again...

8. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Shelby was my winner from last night, showing her impressive range with a good song choice.
    I am still impressed by Madi. She is mature beyond her years, and I really like what she does & how she carries herself.
    Jordan needs to realize that not every song requires a "Sam Harris" moment. Subtlety, please.

Ted Bell likes this.
  9. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

You were close it was Braiden and Korin again just don't understand she is really very good. Oh well she is off now so no more last minute saves there. My winner from last night was Emily Ann she just went way over the top leaps above all but maybe Jordan he is in a totally separate class. And Amy really had a big breakout performance. Zack returned to his Elvis mode with improvement and it showed with voting, and Jeffery stepped up a bit. Was very glad to see Madi keep going on she is unique her voice control is fantastic also her range. I think for Korin the thrid tome in the bottom got to her and she faltered, Braiden just out performed her. Except for Korin I am happy with the results from tonight. Just MHO

Jim

10. Monosterio

I was more sorry to see Braiden stay than I was to see Korin go.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Emily Ann -- whom I had barely noticed before last week -- is going to win the whole thing. And, if she does, I think The Voice will have found its first breakout star. (And, btw, I wouldn't be making that prediction if she didn't sing country. :))

11. Lonson

I too was sorry to see Korine go, Braiden can go at any time as far as I'm concerned.

I don't like this new ploy of Adam with Amy of having her do reworked pop songs. That works for Madi, but I think that Amy's charm and heart is elsewhere. But it's keeping her on the show and I'm not complaining about that.

Personally I think Emily Ann's singing lacks emotion and "inhabiting the vocals." She's too young. She's getting better but I still don't like an edgy shrillness I hear in her voice. But considering the popularity of country music (amusingly I hear about five times more country music her in the Cleveland area than I did for 33 years in Austin!) your prediction may turn out to be true.

12. Monosterio

Yeah, I'm basing my prediction on the Carrie Underwood model of success: blonde, cute and country. :D And she wasn't all that great when she was on AI, either.

13. Lonson

True dat.

14. Monosterio

As far as Amy, she'd be singing more tunes like "A Sunday Kind of Love" if it were up to me. But, as you say, the formula she and Adam have going is working, so why mess with it?

15. Lonson

Yes, I want her to stay around til the end, though realistically I expect her only to last a few more weeks.

[​IMG]

16. Monosterio

17. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

She forgot her lyrics twice and stumbled, but she kept going. Blake mentioned it and gave her a lot of credit for standing there and finishing. Pharrell mentioned it too. Didn't seem to bother either one of them but Korin was close to breaking down. I felt sorry for her.
    As far as Emily Ann goes....... she def. has a career ahead of her :agree:, no matter where she finishes in this. Blake is right, country music needs a new standards singer and she is it.

Monosterio likes this.
  18. Monosterio

This is why I'm predicting she'll win. It's not just her singing -- she's got the whole package to be a huge success.

19. Umbari

Umbari Strange Member

I watch The Voice sometimes :shh:

20. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

I am a life long Patsy Cline fan also Jim Reeves and Emily Ann's performance of She's Got You is the best cover of a Patsy Cline song I have heard, just outstanding.:righton: Also just glad she did not try to do "Crazy" nobody can do it right, it takes that special quality of Patsy's voice to sing it. Would like to hear her do Walking After Midnite? That one I think she can pull off.
    Also would like to hear Amy do some of the standards from the 40's, 50's, maybe cover Jo Stafford or do Nevertheless by Jeannie Stahl. Love that song have it on vinyl and CD. Like the vinyl better there is more out of the LP than the CD.
    Just my 3cts. worth.:blah::blah:

Jim

Monosterio likes this.
  21. Monosterio

I would love to see Amy do something along the lines of "Someone to Watch Over Me." I think she'd kill on a classic of that type.

22. alfajim

alfajim Forum Resident

How about some Frank Loyd Wright? Memories from Cats or some Phantom of the Opera selections

23. Lonson

Do you guys want Amy to stay on the show? ;) Those song choices may go way over the heads of many voting.

I really didn't enjoy Emily Ann's version of that song as much. Just devoid of real feeling. . . and not the greatest singing. My take, that's all.

24. Monosterio

I don't see Amy surviving beyond next anyway. That article I linked to earlier says five contestants are going next Tuesday. :eek: The following week is the finale.

25. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I don't really have a favorite this year, but I think that Jeffery or Jordan should win. I really like Amy, but she seems low rent Madi to me. They both like to flip other people's tunes and reimagine them, but Amy just doesn't seem to have much range in her voice. That said, I'd probably come closer to buying something she releases versus something Madi releases. I don't really dig the country artists, but that's just personal taste.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.