Any help with Carver components?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jim F, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim F

Jim F New Member Thread Starter

Hi,

My kids thought they'd surprise me with a new component cabinet, so they took all the components out and tried to put them in the new cabinet (great thought, but....). Unfortunately, no one mapped the connections, so now the whole system doesn't work.
    What I have:
    Carver C1 pre-amp
    Carver TX-11 AM-FM Tuner
    Carver M500T amplifier
    Pioneer Graphic Equalizer SG-9800
    Pioneer RG Dynamic Processor RG2
    Pioneer Multi Cassette Player CT-MW62R
    Pioneer Disc Player PD-F908
    AKAI 747 Reel-to-Reel
    Dual 522 Turntable
    Whew.....obviously most of these are vintage components but they all work! I also bought new RCA cables for connecting them. I had an old map, but it doesn't seem to make it work.

I have the Tx-11 tuner output connected to the C1 preamp input. The C1 Main1 output going to the 500t input for now. The Klipsch speakers are connected to the 500t. The Preamp selector is on Tuner

I thought I'd get at least the tuner working but it's not. The power output meters on the amp don't even move. Everything lights up and the tuner shows a good digital station connection. I even tried using the Main2 output on C1 but no difference.

Anyone notice anything I'm doing wrong here? I'm at a loss. I am thinking that the power meters should be bouncing if I'm getting signal from the tuner thru the preamp to the amp.:doh:Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jim

2. Jim F

Jim F New Member Thread Starter

Hi all....

I found the issue. A few of the switches on the C1 were activated when they shouldn't have been. I have the tuner now, so I should be able to connect the rest without any issues!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Jim

Dave and timind like this.
  3. timind

timind phorum rezident

Glad to hear it's up and running because it seemed like you were on your own with this one. Take your time and use your best logical thinking as that's a pretty intricate hook up there.

Back when I had three tape decks, processors, and all the other associated items I kept a schematic drawing of the connections to make it easier.

4. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Yeah, first guess was that someone had accidentally pressed a tape monitor button on the preamp.
    -Bill

PhxJohn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.