Any other fans of JohnnySwim (Amanda Sudano and Abner Ramirez)?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

A friend kept telling me I had to listen to them when he heard their EP "Heartbeats" last year. I finally did give them a listen and really liked them. They played in Pittsburgh recently in a small club -- it was just the two of them -- and they were fantastic!

Any other fans? Incidentally, Amanda is the daughter of Donna Summer and Bruce Sudano.

Here's a video of "Home" a song from their full-length album, "Diamonds" released earlier this year.

2. pghmusiclover

By the way, I was pleased and surprised their show in Pittsburgh was sold-out. I couldn't figure out how anyone would have heard of them since even our great public radio station, WYEP, doesn't play them that I've heard. Turns out many people really got to know them from "Live From Daryl's House", and were impressed enough to come see them live!

Incidentally, they released their album as a limited edition of numbered white vinyl (100 copies), which is now sold out despite the $75.00 (!) price tag!

http://www.myplaydirect.com/johnnyswim

3. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

They released a new Christmas EP earlier this month.

4. pghmusiclover

New song from upcoming album:

5. pghmusiclover

6. pghmusiclover

Their second album has just been released, and it's just as good as the first. I'm looking forward to their upcoming show in Pittsburgh next month. There are certain times when Amanda's vocals really echo her mom!

Welcome »

7. spacer

spacer Forum Resident

I like the noise they make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.