Any other good Modern-Day Italian Mafia flicks?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ExtraCheese, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExtraCheese

ExtraCheese Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Any good modern-day Italian Mafia movies/series like The Sopranos? Ones that are not set in the early to mid 20th century and more on 90s and beyond kinda deal? More on tracksuits and wife beaters rather than three piece suits and hats? Any other movies with Italian-American stereotypes would do just fine as well.

2. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I'm watching Gomorra (La Serie) right now. Superb. Italian language, set in Naples so maybe not quite what you're looking for.

ExtraCheese likes this.
  3. C4rl

C4rl Forum Resident

If you’re talking about the Italian Mafia then as above, Gomorra (La Serie) it’s the best Mafia series I’ve watched and I never thought anything would top The Sopranos.

ExtraCheese likes this.
  4. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Il Divo - politics and gangsters. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference...

ExtraCheese likes this.
  5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Gomorrah. Simply Outstanding. So much better when viewed a 2nd time! 3rd season has already aired in Italy, can't wait for it to be released in the states! Besides the series, Netflix also offers the original movie, also excellent.

ExtraCheese likes this.
  6. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

The Brooklyn Banker sounds just what you're looking for. Not the greatest example of filmmaking though.

ExtraCheese likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.