Any thoughts on Bryston Middle T Speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DennisF, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident Thread Starter

I use a Parasound P5 pre-amp with a A21 amp. I have been using my old speakers, Polk A7 with the Parasounds. Its obvious that the Polk speakers do not allow me to take full advantage of the Parasound equipment. Someone recommended the Bryston Middle T speakers as a great fit. Anybody here know much about the Brystons? If not, any recommendations? I do not want a subwoofer, thus I'm looking for a pair of speakers that can bring the bass.

2. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Just my opinion and it isn't necessary that anyone agree with it but my first consideration is are they a manufacturer focused on speakers and do they manufacture and design all the essential components. Some companies are electronics companies (good ones) who are suddenly speaker designers/"manufacturers" or they are nothing more than a brand label for speakers who have all the components sourced from others.

3. james

james Summon The Queen

Possibly true for some companies and possibly true for Bryston (I don't know), but I find this assumption troubling. I work for a guitar manufacuter. We came out with a line of amplifiers after many years in business. Uninformed forum and social media comments would show up saying "stick to guitars". Kind of drove me nuts as we hired a respected boutique amp guy we believed in to design and build the amplifier line.

Companies can diversify and put a lot of thought and effort into it. Reputations are staked on it, and I'd bet Bryston did their homework.

Mad shadows likes this.
  4. I listened to a pair matched with a Bryston B135 amp and liked it. No shortage of bass in my opinion. I would go hear a pair and see what you think. It's really the only way to know.

5. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

After researching and buying various speakers over the years a pattern emerged on the speakers I preferred. I didn't make an assumption. I made a decision.

6. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I have a pair. If you worry about the bass - don't. Bass they bring all right. Smooth things all around, love them.

Erik Tracy likes this.
  7. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

My first question is, " who makes it for them?" While they may tweak them a bit, I'd venture that there is a respected speaker manufacturer who produces these to Bryston's specs.

8. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

9. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

Axiom

10. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Thanks, Kal!

11. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

They look like they should sound great. I really like the new Bryston 3-way bookshelfs as well- complete with 8" woofer. I just love the way 8" woofers flavor the bass.

12. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

They do sound great, smooth, organic but with high resolution.

13. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident Thread Starter

14. captwillard

captwillard Forum Resident

I woldn't expect them to put out a sub-par product just to sell speakers. They aren't going to win any beauty-in design awards, but they seem to carry the hallmarks of Bryston sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.