Any Vinyl Stores In the Frisco Union Sq Area?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by johnborzatti, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnborzatti

johnborzatti Senior Member Thread Starter

I will be staying in Union Sqaure in San Francisco next month for a couple of days and was wondering if anyone here knows of any vinyl outlets within the walking distance of the square. Thanks in advance to anyone who has any info.

2. peter

peter Senior Member

Just Rasputin. Corner of Powell & Ellis. Virgin Megastore also a block away at Powell & Market. Vinyl is on top floor.

The next closest vinyl store is 101 Music on Grant in North Beach. Corner of Grant & Vallejo, or Green (I always forget).

3. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

Hop on a bus and go to Ameoba in the Haight. There is a bus (don't know the number) you can catch on Market that will drop you off right in front of Ameoba. Or you can grab a cab.

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

The bus lines that would take you out to Amoeba from Market Street are the 7-Haight and 71-Noriega.

5. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Rasputin's is a nice enough place, but you won't find a great deal of vinyl there.

Amoeba is a must!... you might even catch a free live show.

And on your way there, get off that Haight 7 bus at Masonic Street... there you'll find Recycled Records, another good place for vinyl.

And one more for ya... get on the F-line streetcar on Market street and head west to Octavia St, where you'll find Grooves, and a ton of vinyl therein.

Enjoy your stay.

6. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

Ameoba S. F. is the best Vinyl store I know of. Be sure to bring all those CDs you can't stand to trade in for your vinyl. Amoeba gives real good trade-in value. I'd drive to san Fransisco just to go there.

7. Ready Steady Go

Ready Steady Go Active Member

On your way to Amoeba, there's another great vinyl store, ROOKY RICARDO'S, located on the 400 block of Haight Street (right before Fillmore Street, should you be on that 7 or 71 bus line). Thousands of rare 45's and LPs, reasonable prices, listening stations... worth checking out. Owner's always willing to help you find that lost gem.

8. johnborzatti

johnborzatti Senior Member Thread Starter

My many thanks to all who replied!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.