Anyone going to the LA Audio Show in June?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Erik Tracy, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale Thread Starter

Any other members here going to the LA Audio show next month?

I'll be driving up with a fellow audio enthusiast on Saturday - just for the day.

We're going to knock heads for our 'plan of attack'.
    Los Angeles Audio Show | Home

2. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

If I'm in town I'll attend; I might be elsewhere for work.

3. Erik Tracy

4. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Having attended the last four T.H.E. Shows in Newport Beach I decided to give the LA Show a pass this year. I'm not in the market for any new gear, and if I do attend an audio show this year I'd like to go to a different area. So, a return to Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (which I skipped the last two years) in October is possible. AXPONA has me curious too.

In any case, I look forward to reports and pictures from those who do attend the LA Show this year.

5. I have reserved a room nearby for the show, but haven't definitely committed. Still kinda pi$$ed off that they now have 2 shows in SoCal (T.H.E Show in Anaheim in September). Not sure what the thinking was. Can't justify going to both and not sure which I would prefer. Half of the Audio friends I have are going to one show, half are going to the other. Some vendors that I know are also only going to 1.

:realmad:

I'll wait until a few days before the show and decide if I want to just cancel the room and skip it. I don't need anything (although I usually keep an eye on the GIK Demo pieces - thinking hard about some corner/tri traps)

6. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

I'll be there on Friday. Should be a great show, as there are many exhibitors that one might not normally get to see.

7. Lounge will be there in Marketplace 140. We will be spinning all analog, first issue 45's, 12" singles and LPs. No remasters unless requested. Two new preamp designs will feeding attendees beautiful music.

8. vinylguy4

vinylguy4 Forum Resident

I'll be going on Friday. I like to hit the record shopping early, then to the equipment rooms.

9. Still trying to decide if I'm going to this thing.

Among other things, I am wondering how bad the noise is from the Airport will be. Has anybody ever been in this Hotel during the day? I think planes take off or land about every minute or 2 during most of the show hours. I know how bad the AC units can mask the sound and would think that Jet engine noise would make it even worse.

10. Erik Tracy

Indeed.

Musical Fidelity is one room I'm keen on visiting to get some 'ears on' their big iron units.

11. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I will be there Thursday to Sunday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.