Anyone using an integrated amp?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Cody @ TARA, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

If I'm not mistaken, that is from the tail end of the tube era for Fisher. I like the push-button selectors for each component, plus the fact that the other controls are hidden behind that flip-down panel. That helps maintain a clean overall look.

I'm running a Fisher X-100A made about five years earlier and the look is noticeably different...plus the 100A uses EL84 output tubes and the 101C uses 7591s (if I'm not mistaken). So they are different animals altogether. While I love my 100A, I am envious of the phono jack! Here is my integrated:

[​IMG]

Jeffczar, Dennis0675, BKphoto and 4 others like this.
  2. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

Had better luck and sound with Intergrated amps than seperates. Musical Fidelity kw500 and Vincent 236mkII and some others lasted better and performed better than some iconic seperate pieces from Classe and Adcom, NAD, and Krell. To each their own. John M. Loved the sound on my Tara cables for years but they had impedence issues and did not work well with a Classe 401 amp and BW 802d speakers-omegas they were.

3. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Yeah that looks a lot like the Fisher receivers of the time, 400, 500C, etc. It's a beauty.

4. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Thanks! I have yet to see a Fisher tube amp that I thought was ugly...especially when they are paired with their wooden cases.

IanL likes this.
  5. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I have an Accuphase E-560 on its way to the house for a demo. I heard one a couple weeks ago, and I was in love.

56GoldTop and missan like this.
  6. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

I'm auditioning and probably going to pull the trigger on an LFD NCSE MK II. Never thought I'd get rid of my CJ preamp or tubes, but the LFD just sounds so so much better than anything I've heard with my Harbeths -- including a Jadis tube amp the dealer who sold me them brought over.

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  7. B_big!

B_big! Vinyl Record Enthusiast

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

Yep! Me, I always use integrated amplifiers. My fave brand is Denon, currently: DRA-F 101 (man cave), and PMA 655R (living room). I'm satisfied with these since years.

Daedalus likes this.
  8. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Nice amp; 90wpc and the first 25 are Class A (although I think that's selectable?). Either way, a nice avenue that Marantz took here in their amp designs. Great price too from memory.

9. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

10. B_big!

B_big! Vinyl Record Enthusiast

( ( ( ( ( ((((((( .[​IMG]

Wow!! That's what I'd like to call "a real beauty"! Thanks for sharing.

sberger likes this.
  11. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

nice. how much stuff DO you have?!

12. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I have both, I have never had issues with owning an integrated amp. There are some quality integrated amps currently on the market as shown in these threads. Many today simply don't have the space that they did years back and today's population is more mobile than ever. This makes having an integrated amp a smart choice. It also increases the available budget for speakers and better sources.

I like the Peachtree integrated products with built in DAC's for many features at prices that are more affordable than ever.

In general, I favor having a separate DAC but that is not as important than having a separate processor as these are the components that will have the most evolutionary changes. If you are happy with your preamp/amp and speakers, you can always keep up with technology and keep the equipment that you are happy with.

13. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I have a few things:evil:

14. jazz8588

jazz8588 Forum Resident

Yes, Musical Fidelity A1008 for the last 7 years.

jon9091, Johnny Vinyl and Erik Tracy like this.
  15. paulewalnutz

paulewalnutz Forum Resident

I just got my 1st integrated an Anthem 225.

16. hackster

hackster Forum Resident

Wow... lots of high-dollar stuff. I'm just an old man with limited resources and a sentimental streak about stuff from "back in the day". I have 2 of these KA-5700's in mint condition (this is not mine, just a stock photo) -

[​IMG]

17. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

Currently running a Marantz 2270. Playing around with a Rega Fono pre-amp but haven't decided if it's staying yet.

Johnny Vinyl and bluemooze like this.
  18. frimleygreener

frimleygreener "It 'a'int why...it just is"

Having just upgraded from a vintage Cambridge Audio Arcam Alpha integrated (serial number 00000016) to an Arcam Delta 290 I can confirm that an amp makes a world of difference:)

19. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

My lowly, old Pioneer SA-1060 with a built-in phono stage still graces my classroom.

20. missan

missan Forum Resident

I have an Accuphase, it´s heavy, beautiful, wonderfully built and sounds very good to these ears.

Johnny Vinyl and 56GoldTop like this.
  21. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

I love integrated amps and receivers both new and vintage. I have vintage Yamaha, Marantz and Sansui. I have new Denon and relatively new broken NAD. I would give my eye teeth for the Yamaha A-S3000. My Denon is the 100 anniversary model which received virtually no reviews in the audio media other than simple product announcements. This amp has wonderful sound with tubelike smoothness but has detail and sparkle. It's phono stage is tremendous and can switch between MM and MC. My lust for the new Yamaha has to do with those front panel meters and that this model is their built like a tank and to last heirloom statement product which harkened back to their high end models of yesterday. Viva integrateds.

Erik Tracy likes this.
  22. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

Love my Vincent Audio sv-236mk tube hybrid

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  23. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I sent the E-560 I was demoing back. I loved the sound but it was missing the mid-range magic that tubes provide. I recently purchased a Primaluna Dialogue Premium integrated to replace my separates, and I'm quite pleased with the results. I thought I was going to lose a lot of sound quality with this move, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

24. norman_frappe

norman_frappe Forum Resident

I have 2

Yamaha A-S501

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Primaluna Prologue One

[​IMG]

Shiver, Johnny Vinyl and bluemooze like this.
  25. csgreene

csgreene Forum Resident

I have two Marantz IA's, a PM6004 and a PM8004. I like them a lot, especially the 8004 which drives a pair of NHT Super One speakers. While it's pared with a Marantz CD6004 CD player as a source, 99% of the time I'm streaming internet radio through an iPad Air with a simple mini to RCA cable. Sounds very good to my ears. I spend less time with dedicated listening these days and have a variety of genre stations set on Pandora, iTunes radio, and some dedicated jazz stations (jazzandblues.org, jazz24.0rg, and jazzradio.com).

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.