AP Creedence "CCR" LP's, WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ronflugelguy, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

AP Creedence "CCR" WOW

I just got my care package:All five Ap Creedence Lps today! I have just got finished listening to "CCR" and it has the deeep bass, huge dynamics, and very punchy drums. Sounds Great!
    In the next week or so, I will be making three more installments, to compare three other titles to other versions of them I own. They are as follows: 1.)Ap "Green river" to an original Fantasy pressing.2.)"Bayou Country" to the DCC Cd. 3.)"Willy and the Poor Boys" to the DCC Lp. I'm sure it will be very interesting. Sorry, I'm gonna go listen to "Cosmo Factory' before I have to go to bed!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

I haven't even seen commercial copies yet. I'm jealous.

I thought I would NEVER want to play those songs again after the weeks of mastering those albums, but you know, I really do love that stuff. I could go for "Susie Q" right now....

3. trilogia

trilogia New Member

just got done listening to the s/t creedence and i do have to say i am completely impressed. i picked it up at musicdirect last saturday and all they had left were 2 copies of this one left. and some other dude already bought the other one while i was in there. this stuff is hair lifting. steve and kevin did a brilliant job on this thing. as for comparing it to older stuff hell, why bother? it aint gonna get any better than this! i dont know how they do it but i hope they never stop.

4. Ronflugelguy

Hey, the jury is still out on this one! I recently bought an original pressing of GR for $5. I tell you, this Lp sounded great, so an AB is probably going to show some differences. I just want to see what they are. On the APs, the vinyl is probably much cleaner. It will just be interesting to what the differences are.

5. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I picked up my Red Trumpet care package this weekend and I listened to the first 2 albums so far. The thread title says it all. Also, the vinyl "is" incredible quiet (congrats RTI!)...

Todd

P.S. Steve, the credit stickers for you and Kevin were on the loose outer bags...

6. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

My wife just called me at work to let me know there is a package from Acoustic Sounds. It's my turn to listen to the first three now.:D Oh, boy!

7. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Ok, now I've listened to them and Ronflugelguy was right, WOW! Especially S/T I heard things I never heard before on there.

8. Todd Fredericks

They're fantastic and I'm glad for Steve it seems they're selling like hotcakes! I hope AP will be able to get some copies to Tower, HMV, Virgin and some other big national chains. The more people who get to hear Steve & Kevin's work, the better...

Todd

9. Ronflugelguy

Installment #1 "Green River"

Finished listening to "Green River" last night. Compared to the original pressing I have there is much more bass, there's more fold in between the two channels, which integrates the soun d more, and the detail in the guitar sound is much more vibrant, you can hear the strings ring more and hear all the nuances much more clearer. To sum it up:BIG VOICE,BIG BASS,BIG CYMBALS,BIGGG SOUND!!!!! i'LL WORK TOWARDS THE dcc COMPARISONS TONIGHT IF i GET HOME EARLY ENOUGH. Later, Ron:D

10. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Re: Installment #1 "Green River"

More "fold in"?

Huh?

Are you saying the stereo image isn't as wide as the original LP?

11. Todd Fredericks

I listened to side 1 of "Cosmo's Factory" and I enjoyed it very much. I would've listend to the other side but I was very tired last night. It's amazing how musical and alive these albums sound. It's also great to finally have some new Hoffman work available...

Todd

12. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

I would like to PROPOSE to fellow forum members that we start a petition to Stereophile and the Absolute Sound to give Steve, Kevin, and everyone at RTI (Rick Hashimoto, Chad, Don) a special "end of the year" or "Golden ear" award for giving us the CCR LPs.

How about calling the award "The Best Reason to Own a Turntable in 2002"?

If we all e-mail JA (Stereophile) and HP (Absolute Sound), I'm sure we could make it happen.

What do you guys think?

BC

13. Ronflugelguy

Re: Re: Installment #1 "Green River"

No i am saying that the center fill on the original Lp was not as full as on the remaster. The two channels kind of disjunct from each oter when compared to the AP lp.

14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I have just listened to a couple of these CCR's and they sound great.

Boy, it's amazing when they just do it right. The right equipment, the real master, The attention to detail and the time it takes. You can hear that these remasters were not rushed.

15. Ronald

Ronald Senior Member

I received my five CCR LPs last week and Mom's Day was my first chance to listen to any of them. The sound quality is excellent on the first release! I was floored at how great it was. I find that hyperbole rarely lives up to reality; however, in this case, at least with the first CCR LP, the reality of listening exceeds the hype. I cannot wait to have the opportunity to listen to the other four. I am looking forward to the MFSL Cosmo's Factory being taken to school by the Analogue Productions reissue.

No compression = realistic dynamic range

I never knew there were a number of guitar overdubs on "Susie Q". The sound spread of that cut is fabulous and that alone is worth the price of the LP. I may wear that track out just to listen for more details. If this is the sound of the master tape, and I do not doubt that it is, why are the Fantasy reissues so bass shy, constricted and noisy?

I hope there are other LPs by Steve and Kevin Gray on the "to do list".

On a side note, I have the DCC CD Rock of 70s{/I] with the cut by the Chambers Bros "The Time has Come" and thought that sounded great. I wanted to hear this on LP so I looked for a reissue.

I ordered the Scorpio (?) Columbia LP reissue of Time Has Come Today by the Chamber Bros. and I was really disappointed with the sound. The sound of the LP has no bass coupled with unnecessarily boosted highs. That LP possessed the clinical sound of a 1980's CD. Groan... Another waste of $14.00...

After listening to the CCR LP for a third time, I came to realize there are a lot of underachievers in the LP remastering business.

Many have mentioned it here before I have, but Steve does a tremendous job with reissues. I just wish other companies would put a little more effort into their work.

16. Ben

Ben New Member

What's the big deal?

The DCC Gold CD's are nearly perfect.

Big, fat, gorgeous analogue sound....

Did we really need yet another re-issue of these Creedence albums?

Best,

Ben

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Are there any discernible sound differences between the vinyl and DCC CD's?

18. Ronflugelguy

Installment #2 "Bayou Country"

This one was like splitting hairs. Both Had the same tonality, but I think the DCC Cd had a bit more clarity, but this may be differences in equipment(CD player vs. Turntable, arm, Cart.), but anyhow both sound great! The first LP is the most startling so far followed by "Green River". Next DCC WATPB vs. AP WATPB.

19. Ronflugelguy

Installment #3 Willie and the Poor boys:DCC Lp vs AP Lp

Both were good, but this was easy, because levels were easier to match than CD to Lp. The Ap was much better in the bass, cleaner in the drums, and the guitars and the vocals just ring better! even though the DCC was very good the AP betters IT!!!!!!!(AP=BIGGG SOUNDSTAGE!!!!!!!!)

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Re: AP Creedence "CCR" WOW

I will very interested in the results of your comparisons!

21. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

22. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

I have a used copy of Chronicle, Vol. 1 and I'm quite impressed with the sound for such an old compilation.

Is there that much difference between it and these new LP's? If there is, that would explain why everyone is praising them. They must sound great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.