Aqualung HELP!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by davef, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davef

davef Senior Member Thread Starter

Well... a happy 100th post for me!

I have just gotten my copy of Steve's Aqualung and am playing it now. Got it on Ebay for an $85 buy-it-now, in the midrange of what was quoted to me. Yeah, this is a lot more natural!

Thanks all!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Dave,

I wish it was five years ago. I would have just sent you one from the DCC storeroom. Sorry you had to spend so much $$.

Enjoy it!

3. sgraham

sgraham New Member

That seems a bit of an exaggeration. My only sonic complaint (though I may complain about it loudly) is with the extreme lack of bottom; and perhaps the lightweight drums as well. In other respects I think it sounds quite good.

4. davef

davef Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks Steve for the kind thoughts! Well spent to hear the title track with dynamic range.

Thankfully, I like the other remasters from 2001 on better... much more sensible bonus tracks to boot!

5. krabapple

krabapple New Member

From all evidence I've read . the Japanese issue is simply a repackaging of the EMI anniversary issue. None of the Japanese miniLPs are new JApanese remasters.

Btw, there was a detailed (subjective) comparison of the DCC and EMI pubclished on the web some years ago -- it's still a good read:

http://www.soundstage.com/music/mus0997g.htm

and thena follow-up of sorts adding the DCC 'Original Masters' disc:

http://www.soundstage.com/music/reviews/grev026.htm

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thanks!, I appreciate it...:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.