Archies "Sugar Sugar" were there different versions?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

As per Steve's suggestion in the Zager & Evans In the Year 2525 thread:

A few years ago I heard a slightly different version of Sugar Sugar (is there supposed to be a comma in there?) on Dick Bartley's radio show. IIRC it had a longer intro. I am not sure if it was a custom made mix. Any clues?

(BTW, my wife told me that when she was a kid she HATED the way Betty (?) sang "Put a little sugar on it baby" because she sang it like she was too cool. ah, memories

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Once on the radio in the 1970's I heard a mix of "Sugar Sugar" that didn't fade out where it was supposed to, but kept going and going. I've tried in vain to find that version.

Does anyone know of it?

3. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Guys,

There is also a long "Dance Mix" type version with an OD'ed vocal chorus that Bartley plays on his program. Grant is familar with this, I believe.

Steve, who does play the keyboards?

Bob:)

(The musician sheet states JEFF BARRY) SH

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

If I can remember, i'll email Ron Dante and see if he can shed any light on this. Anyone know how to get a hold of the producer Jeff Barry?

BTW, did you all know that was actually Ron's voice doing the vocals on the followup single "Jingle Jangle"?

5. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

thanks guys.

6. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Did you guys know there was a quad version? It's pretty rare. Maybe that is the one you heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.