Are there any famous artists...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ocean56, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocean56

Ocean56 Forum Resident Thread Starter

1)....whose main work was done in the era of 78s, and said work has never been released on LP?

2)....whose main work was done on LP, and said work has never been issued on CD?

3)....whose main work has been issued on CD ONLY?

Probably NOT, but I'm curious!

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I guess it could depend on how famous, and when? If a person was a sort of one hit wonder during the 78 era, and immediately fell out of sight, I suppose it could happen. 3) could be a lot easier, just because that may be all a new act will be issued on. I still don't know of one, right off the bat, however. Are there Britney Spears LP's?

3. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Vernon Dalhart, perhaps? There are probably dozens of artists who were popular in the pre-Depression era who were completely forgotten by the time long-playing records were introduced in 1948.

Andy Kim, perhaps? Very little of his back catalog has appeared on CD.

I was going to say Carrie Underwood, but her first post-Idol single, "Inside Your Heaven," was issued on 7-inch vinyl.

Oh, I know; Rascal Flatts has never had a vinyl release in any format. (Their earlier material probably exists on cassette, however.)

The same is true of SheDAISY, I believe.

The only vinyl issue of Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I think, is a promo 12-inch single of "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12-24."

4. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

No, but there are Britney Spears 45s and 12-inch singles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.