Are you listening to German Prog , Psych , Space , Krautrock , Electronic , etc. ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scope J, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You can start with these two...

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

3. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

A favorite that's hitting the spot this chilly winter evening.

[​IMG]

4. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

5. sneakinwillis

sneakinwillis New Member

Lamagaia - Lamagaius
    Swedish kraut released last year!

6. RHCD

RHCD Reverend Bong

keep it up gentlemen, this is one of the most interesting threads I have followed for a while and I have heard a lot of interesting stuff that I had never heard of before!

7. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

Posted this in marketplace but figured it might get a response in this thread -

Has anyone used White Dwarf? They seem to be a German mail order company specializing in psychy stuff. They have some things I'm after but have never heard of them. Feedback gratefully received. Thanks

8. sneakinwillis

sneakinwillis New Member

Don't know about White Dwarf, but looks legit. I can recommend another German mail order though; Kozmik Artifactz/Bilocation. Bunch of good stuff if you're looking for psych/kraut/space/stoner/weirdness: http://shop.bilocationrecords.com

9. Grootna

Grootna Senior Member

Satin Whale-"Desert Places" Green Brain original pressing

SmileyDude likes this.
  10. Grootna

Grootna Senior Member

Had an original...sold it when $$$ were tight....could kick myself as the Cd sounds really weak. Maybe someday a decent sounding reissue will come out.

11. jiffypopinski

jiffypopinski Forum Resident

Harmonia & Eno '76 - Tracks And Traces

[​IMG]

Scope J and rtalwani like this.
  12. Rune83

Rune83 Well-Known Member

Embryo - Rocksession (1973) Great Jazz-rock album along with Steig aus (1972)

[​IMG]

Stuevts and jiffypopinski like this.
  13. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

One of the finest Can offshoots. . .

[​IMG]

Sytze, listner_matt and jiffypopinski like this.
  14. sneakinwillis

sneakinwillis New Member

Some more chill kraut from Sweden:

Hills - Master Sleeps
    Released 2011.

Tristero likes this.
  15. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Funny these threads that pop up. I just listened to this last night..........[​IMG]..

16. Scope J

17. Scope J

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  18. HfxBob

HfxBob Forum Resident

Big Tangerine Dream fan. Phaedra scared me the first time I heard it.

Scope J likes this.
  19. moops

moops Senior Member

There's a big CLUSTER box set arriving early April ......

9 CDs ...... 1971-1981: Amazon.co.uk: Music »

9 LPs ...... 1971-1981 [VINYL]: Amazon.co.uk: Music »

All original albums plus one unreleased (Konzerte 1972/1977), remastered by Willem Makkee Booklet featuring essays on each album and rare photos. The box set contains all eight of the regular LPs which represent their main phase, plus a previously unreleased album of two live recordings from the years 1972 and 1977. All of the albums have been remastered. The 9 albums are CLUSTER 71 originally released 1971 CLUSTER II originally released 1972 ZUCKERZEIT originally released in 1972 SOWIESOSO originally released in 1976 CLUSTER & ENO originally released in 1977 ENO MOEBIUS ROEDELIUS/AFTER THE HEAT originally released in 1978 GROSSES WASSER originally released in 1979 CURIOSUM originally released in 1981 KONZERTE 1972/1977 previously unreleased by Willem Makkee. Asmus Tietchens has contributed an exclusive text on the evolution and significance of the band. The booklets also include essays on each individual album.

• [​IMG]

Scope J likes this.
  20. Ivor Hugh J'ampton

Ivor Hugh J'ampton Member

Someone mentioned Einsteig by group Between. That is a top lp by one of the early world musics.

I have a trade copy of the even better Dharma lp.

(By the way, where do you put lp trade lists on this forum? Can you put them in your profile???)

21. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I don't run across German prog very often, other than Kraftwerk. A few years back I found a collection of Eloy and Eela Craig LPs at my local 1/2 Price Books. They were priced $15-20 each which at the time I thought was excessive. I ended up going back several times and bought them all because they were in such beautiful shape and I thought I may never find them again. Really glad I did now. All really enjoyable listens and probably a bit hard to come by.

Eloy:
    Floating
    Dawn
    Oceans
    Silent Cries and Mighty Echos

Eela Craig:
    Missa Universalis
    One Nitter

Rodant Kapoor likes this.
  22. Ivor Hugh J'ampton

Gilles Zeitschiff (TimeShip) is an interesting one to go to.
    It is a shameless sampler of the 3 Cosmic Couriers lps (Galactic Supermarket, Planet Sit-In...) and was released the same year. Last I read, Lettmann ( who wanted only to be known as Star Maiden) disappeared off the face of the earth along with her important Krautrock boyfriend.

Like Plank's "Head" recordings this one is a spacial delight. Narration might put some off though. There is some Timothy Leary and unreleased Schulze organ bits

23. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Yes there are some great stuff here. Music styles and pioneering work that I'm maybe more open to and get more out of now then when I was young in the 80s.

24. Ivor Hugh J'ampton

Back in the day before EASY internet trawling, Norway actually had the first kraut mailorder catalogue that know - Ohrmusic by a fellow called Schjoeths.
    Looking at list #8 now, I see Walter Wegmuller's Tarot going for a cheap 1500 kronner ($200-300)

25. fitzrik

fitzrik Forum Resident

Perfect listening this morning. Pretty good reissue Back to Black(Universal).

Yatha Sidhra - A Meditation Mass

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.