Argh...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by David R. Modny, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець Thread Starter

I just heard a nasty rumor that a couple of my 60's psychedelic faves recently reissued in a 2 on 1 DVD -- "Psych-Out" and "The Trip" -- have six minutes lopped off of the former, allegedly for time capacity reasons. Pity...'cause it's the first consumer widescreen release of the film ever (laserdisc was full-frame P&S -- though unedited). The complete version is 101 minutes.

Now, the DVD supposedly has some extra featurettes...and the timing sez 168 minutes for both movies. I'd hate to think that it came down to being so tight that they had to edit 6 stinkin' minutes from the film just to fit the extra crap in.

I mean, what's the point? We wait a lifetime for a letterbox version on DVD....only to have it edited!

????

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi Dave,

Well here's hopin' the rumor turns out to be false! Are ya gonna score it and find out for yerself?

-Jeffrey

3. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Hope it all turns out cool :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best - Andrew

4. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець Thread Starter

I'm afraid it appears to be true. I just read some reviews on Amazon where a couple of buyers mention it. I love "Psych-Out" (it's so bad, that it's good!). Now, I'm pissed off enough NOT to buy it...

Editing movies -- for ANY reason -- should be a felony...

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Forum Hall Of Fame

Hi,

Yep but there's no need to worry the jury, they'll probably take care of themselves! :)

-Jeffrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.