Arnold Schwarzenegger vs Sylvester Stallone

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Then it took some while to bulk up. He was rather thin when he played a nonspeaking part of a subway hood in one of Woody Allen's 70's films. I can't recall which one it was. It's a big contrast to how he looked later.

2. waxtomcat

waxtomcat Forum Resident

Stallone for Rocky, and the really great job that he did in Copland. Arnie just doesn't have the acting chops that Sly did (does).

heatherly likes this.
  3. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

Maybe he had to look like that for the film? I don't know, but when you see him in Lords Of Flatbush you could definitely tell he was hitting the weights. You also have to remember, later he had some help.

4. seventeen

seventeen Forum Resident

You man Arnold? Sly didn't get into body-building until Rocky III and the eighties. He was already an established writer, director and actor by then.

5. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I love Stallone in Rocky and it is a wonderful film but I never really cared for anything else that he has starred in or made himself.
    As for Swartzy, I am a big fan of the Terminator series and Predator so for that he would get my vote. What I like about him also is his gentler voice (like with Clint) which gives a nice opposition to his muscle image.

heatherly likes this.
  6. Again, prove that too me, cause I haven't seen a shred of proof of that, no one has ever stated on record that they used a cgi double in Terminator 3. I'm well aware he go completely out of shape after the movie and when be became governor, but even in the video I posted you can clearly see he worked out for the role and was in great shape at the time.

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

"Bananas"...

8. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

What? Three pages and no one remembered this matchup already happened?

9. dhoffa85

dhoffa85 Well-Known Member

He loses major points for Stop or My Mom Will Shoot! so it's about a draw

10. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Several years ago, Sly was talking about writing and directing a film about Edgar Allen Poe. THAT would be interesting (and unexpected) from Stallone. I don't have any doubts he could pull it off. As opposed to some of his onscreen characters, Sly is very articulate and insightful in interviews.

11. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

Question Who wears the biggest shoe lifts?

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Have to go with Stallone.... He also does more directing, writing, etc.....

13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

14. Roninblues

Roninblues 猿も木から落ちる。

Use it or lose it.

RichieSnare likes this.
  15. stuart ellis

stuart ellis New Member

that pic is from early on shooting, the naked scene in the film at the beginning was shot at the very end of filming so arnie could get back into peak condition. theres plenty of pics to support this, they did not use a cgi face in t3 that was t4

16. stuart ellis

stuart ellis New Member

and i don't like any stallone films so arnie for me

17. blueEyedSoul

blueEyedSoul Active Member

Stallone all the way. Never been a big Arnie fan, although I have enjoyed some of his better movies.

18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

So far (bulging) neck n' neck.

19. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Arnie for "Conan" - NO ONE could have done that better ......

20. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

In light of his recent activities, I think he IS Conan the Barbarian.

21. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Sly isn't a great actor, but he wrote "Rocky." Arnold has never done anything like that.

Overall though I like the Schwarzenegger films better than "Rambo" and Sly's other stuff.

22. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I find their stuff hard to watch, but from what I have seen, Sly is a better 'actor' but Arnie has the better bunch of films (notwithstanding Sly's two or three real movies)

23. All Rights

All Rights Senior Member

Let's see, Hercules in New York or The Lords of Flatbush...it's a toss-up. Their careers both went downhill after that.:D hercules-1.jpg 53w85w.jpg

jay.dee likes this.
  24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Stallone, on the basis of Rocky alone. Wrote/acted a classic almost straight out of the gate. Nothing Schwazenegger ever did can come close to that. Or Stallone for that matter.

25. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

Rubbish. Prove it otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.