Artists who have played six continents

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by off_2_the_side, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Ravi Shankar started touring in the late 1920's. BB King did Zaire in 1974, so I'd bet either Ravi or BB did paid gigs in all six.

I think the first trip to South America for Frank was 1980. Asia, paid and/or USO.

2. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

I think you're right about South America: Sinatra played MaracanĂ£ Stadium in Rio De Janeiro on January 26, 1980, before 175,000 people. (A world record that was held until April 21, 1990, when Paul McCartney performed at the same stadium before an estimated audience of 184,000.)

His first visit to Asia may have been 1962: On his World Tour for Children that year, he played Mexico, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Israel, Greece, Italy, Spain, France, and England—all at his own expense, raising over a million dollars for children's charities.

3. But who has played in all 7?

4. I grew up with 6 as well, but general convention seems to be 7 now.

5. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Scorpions like to talk themselves up as a band who've toured everywhere....but in 40 years NEVER Australia :-(

6. Harold R

Harold R Forum Resident

Elvis's grand total - one

7. Timmy84

Timmy84 Forum Resident

B.B. King, MJ, the Rolling Stones, Ike & Tina Turner (not sure about Tina solo, she probably only did U.S., Europe and Australia), Paul McCartney, etc. That's all I can think of.

8. off_2_the_side

off_2_the_side Senior Member Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.