Artists you're happy with just having a compilation of

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joshua277456, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshua277456

Joshua277456 Forum Resident Thread Starter

:D

2. KipB

KipB Forum Resident

The Drifters ... But I think the music is great ... I just don't need any more than 16 songs.

Folknik, Grant and Joshua277456 like this.
  3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Jethro Tulls the first to come to mind. Living In the Past on MFSL and Original Masters DCC pretty much does it for me. They get a little to men in tights for me on the bearded out in the woods lute playing for me to buy much else. I like my Tull to rock.

4. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Stand Up rocks. Trust me. Give it a try.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  5. notesofachord

You'd be missing out of some of their best material, such as "Down Home Girl" by The Stones or "The Good's Gone" by The Who:

6. notesofachord

A fantastic Rolling Stones cut you won't find on a comp:

7. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Maybe. Maybe not.
    I have My Generation. I just listen to Meaty BBaB much more often.
    I have Down Home Girl on a Taj Mahal album.

8. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

Yes, Hole In Your Soul is the best ABBA song IMO. It's ABBA's epic rocking song and will always be a cult classic due to being passed over as a single.

Folknik and Linto like this.
  9. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Doh..You know, I do have Stand Up. MFSL in fact. Youre right, very good album. So different than later Tull, I think I forgot it is Tull.

10. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

I agree about with you about Supertramp.But I'd add the Moody Blues too. They're another band where the album seems better when listened to as a whole.imho.

Jrr likes this.
  11. Joshua277456

Hole in Your Soul is a pretty good one....I like Move On from the Album. Agnetha's voice on that song is so delicate and kinda sexy ;)

Jrr and onionmaster like this.
  12. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly?

13. Joshua277456

Anybody who likes ABBA enough to own a compilation, should really have Arrival. So many great songs on it, that it could be a greatest hits compilation itself!

[​IMG]

BradOlson, Folknik and Rick H. like this.
  14. gmitchel

gmitchel Forum Resident

I can see that, but I love _The Frenz Experiment_ as a whole, and there are a few other songs here and there that I like as well. _Extricate_ is nice also.

15. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

That is a good one. I listened to Move On before leaving Stockholm after three years of living there to go back to the UK. It was quite emotional and now I always associate it with that. The Album is my favorite because I also love The Name Of The Game and Eagle, and Take A Chance On Me is classic...

Joshua277456 likes this.
  16. Joshua277456

A great album all around. I Wonder is a really beautiful and emotional song.

17. BrewCrew82

BrewCrew82 The Most Notable Member

Steve Miller Band

Grant and Jrr like this.
  18. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

One of their best albums. I was already a huge fan when that album came out and I loved it. They actually seemed to get better with each release, unlike so many other acts, and went out on top, though you could see at the end they had probably peaked. A handful of songs that didn't end up on the last couple of albums that were later released weren't really up to their high standards, with the exception of Under Attack....of course imo!

19. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Take a Chance is perhaps my favorite, which is saying a lot as I like 90% of their songs across their entire catalog. The Album really is an amazing collection and you can tell a lot of effort and time was put into it. I wish artists today were given the same time and resourses to develop their art, and their catalog. Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood seem to be doing that, but they are the exceptions. However, like ABBA their albums may still sell 30 years later. The music industry has become very short sighted.

20. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Even though I may have one or two full albums by these artists, I am perfectly happy with the comps. Let's see, to name a few...

Bee Gees
    Santana
    Simon & Garfunkel
    Paul Simon
    Dan Fogelberg
    The Beach Boys
    ABBA
    The Who
    Hollies
    Wilson Pickett
    Journey
    John Mellencamp
    Staple Singers
    Ringo Starr
    The Supremes
    Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
    Carpenters
    The Doobie Brothers
    Jimi Hendrix :) :hide:

21. Grant

You mean 60s and 70s...

22. Grant

If you are a Beatles fan, I urge you to at least check out the "Homecoming" album.

23. Joshua277456

He said 50s and 60s

24. Grant

You're killing' me man! :eek: There's no f'ing way I could live without albums by Ohio Players, Earth, Wind & Fire, O'Jays, or War. The others I can agree with you on.

25. Grant

I know, but two of the bands he mentioned were 70s bands, and one was from the 60s. Where do the 50s come into it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.