Avril Lavigne's debut album turns 15 today

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SixOClockBoos, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Doesn't seem a day over 14!... ;)

2. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Who?

Dodoz likes this.
  3. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie Thread Starter

Mike_with_G1042 likes this.
  4. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

These arrived in the post today. Ironically the one title that is a double album (the first LP) is the only one that doesn't come in a gatefold sleeve. Go figure!

Glossy sleeves, good inlays, anti-static poly bags - looks like a quality product. Haven't listened to them yet because my Roksan is boxed up....

5. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

Losing Grip is the high point and there are not any other songs by her that reach that level,

andrewskyDE likes this.
  6. Jacob29

Jacob29 Forum Resident

I'm a little surprised and a little proud Steve Hoffman community for not hating on her for the sake of hating on her

7. SixOClockBoos

I placed an order for a lot of all three on eBay. $40 for all of them and free shipping. Seller was nice enough to let me buy it now and wait until friday to pay. I just don't know how some of these sellers based in the U.S. were able to get them for their resell market I would have done what they done and skip the whole third party deal, but I had no idea how. Also, shame hat "Let Go" isn't in a gatefold. I don't see why it needed to be split up into a 2 LP set. Probably because it was getting close to 50 minutes, but oh well. Can't wait to play them all.

8. Kossoff is God

Kossoff is God Forum Resident

I love how Beavis and Butthead refer to him as "Bow Ner." He truly is one!

9. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Really? I really liked first album. It was refreshing to hear some new young talent at the time after pretty much only hearing "Diva" music for an entire decade.

10. Jacob29

Jacob29 Forum Resident

You don't consider Avril Lavigne Diva music? I think it's stuff is done better than most of her contemporaries but she still kind of a skater diva.

11. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

I thought the controversy was that she referred to Bowie as BOW-ee. Which is quite common globally, and not necessarily incorrect. Maybe the whole thing is an urban myth?

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I bought the 'Complicated' single back then first, I got to know the full album much later.
    Think I had a little crush on her back then as well. Anyway, I still love this album!

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Sorry, not a thread about Townshend, Daltrey and co.

GoodKitty and Jacob29 like this.
  14. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Her first 3 albums seem to be selling out on every site. I had no idea there was a demand like that for her on vinyl. Glad I ordered my three.
    Now there are pre orders going for her 4th album "Goodbye Lullaby" on green vinyl. I'm locking my order in fast.

Mike_with_G1042 likes this.
  15. SixOClockBoos

What site? I'd hate to go through the trouble of ordering through third party again, even though I think I got my order for all three roughly around the same price as it was to order them through the distributor.

16. ThmsFrd

ThmsFrd Forum Resident

I certainly remember being rejected to this.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I remember seeing her with my daughter. As they always do in Japan, tickets went on sale months in advance, and the show was scheduled for a small live house. In the interim her debut album exploded and the show was moved to the Budokan. She seemed overjoyed and genuinely humbled to be playing there - it was a good show.

GoodKitty likes this.
  18. Wiserforthetime

Almost every site I checked is sold out already. I did get to lock my order in at crashrecords.co.uk
    It was more money than I wanted to do but everywhere I looked it was already sold out.

19. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Elusive Disc - Search Results for avril lavigne

20. Wiserforthetime

21. SixOClockBoos

I see nothing for Goodbye Lullaby. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky like I did with the first three. $120 for all three and no shipping charge.

22. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

MOV posted this the other day on Facebook (and since they are an European company, I'm pretty sure the release date is November 10):

Happy Birthday Avril Lavigne
    We have a present for you; the first vinyl treatment of your 4th album Goodbye Lullaby! Streetdate: 10-11-2017 !

[​IMG]

23. Wiserforthetime

It looks to be sold out everywhere. I got my order in at crash records but now their site says out of stock. I went on every other site I could find and they all say sorry sold out or unavailable. It was like sites were taking pre-order before the item was even announced. I hate this, it shouldn't be this hard to buy records. I did find a couple sites still selling the black vinyl version though.

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  24. SixOClockBoos

I was debating on waiting on getting her first three albums on vinyl and wait out for the black vinyl, but I went ahead and got the colored and I really liked the presentation of it. When I get Goodbye Lullaby, it'll be on the green vinyl. Looks like I'll be on eBay looking for a good deal.

25. Wiserforthetime

You'll probably find it on eBay for a deal if you watch. My preorder with shipping from the UK was $50 so you may end up with a better deal than me since some sites were selling it for around $28

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.