B-52s catalog

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter D, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've seen some praise here for the sound on the recent B-52s anthologies, but not any discussion on the rest of their catalog. How's the mastering on the current CDs of their pre-Cosmic Thing releases? Any dogs?

2. Peter D

Peter D Forum Resident Thread Starter

People! Stop shouting! I can't hear you if you're all talking at once! Now, one at a time please--let's start with you by the window over there. What did you have to say?

3. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

When the latest anthology was released I did see some mention about the remastered catalog would be released. That was over a year ago and I have not seen it mentioned again.
    I check the Rhino web site every couple of weeks and not seen anything mentioned. Their website doesn't seem to get updated to frequently. There are doing a tour again this summer though.
    Comic Thing is scheduled to be coming out on DVD-A.
    Sorry I don't have any release dates.

4. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Senior Member

I really hope that they all get redone (including mesopotamia- genius album) The moon anthology sounds fantastic. really well mastered!

5. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

I believe Rhino is waiting for the band to approve these re-issues (liner notes, possible bonus tracks, etc.) which is their standard procedure.

6. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member

My one big wish to a remastered B-52s catalog is that their cover of Yoko Ono's "Don't Worry" is returned to it's rightful place on Wammy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.