B-Sides Or Outtakes You Can't Believe Were Left Off Their Respective Albums!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JayB, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misko

misko Forum Resident

" For Your Precious Love", left off The Stone's Steel Wheels LP.

Yannick likes this.
  2. RandyP

RandyP Forum Resident

Seconds on "Kulee Baba" I would also add "The Second Arrangement" to Gaucho. Not sure what two songs to remove since this is one of my favorite SD albums.

3. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Yet it is, whether you consider it one or not

JediJoker likes this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I would replace Mr Sam with Don't Let Me In

5. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

More like an EP (with two previously released tracks), plus Martin's soundtrack work.

6. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

'She's Always In My Hair' is begging to be on Around The World In A Day.

JohnnyQuest, sound chaser and HFR like this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, Child of the Moon. What possessed them to leave that off?

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Perhaps that it doesn't quite fit with the rest of Beggars Banquet.

Michael Macrone and Nick Dunning like this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

There's at least a full album's worth of really good stuff by Genesis that only came out as b-sides or EPs during the Wind & Wuthering / And Then There Were Three / Duke era.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I Cry at Night is better than anything on Elton's A Single Man:

bonzo59 and jpmosu like this.
  11. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

This should have been included on the otherwise excellent Absolute Dissent album by Killing Joke:

12. SpudOz

SpudOz Forum Resident

Devo always had good B-sides.

Social Fools should make it before Penetration and should've been included on Q?A! period. Instead it was relegated to B-side status in the UK and never released on any Devo record in the US.

I'm surprised that Soo Bawlz was relegated to B-side status rather than being included on Duty Now For the Future; especially given that Timing X segued into Soo Bawlz in concert. Maybe place it after Timing X, move Strange Pursuits to the opener on side 2 and relegate Triumph of the Will to B-side status.

Turn Around never made it to Freedom of Choice despite being in Devo's original track listing for the album.

Find Out should've been included on Oh, No! It's Devo. Maybe in place of What I Must Do.

Given the wipeout that Shout was, how did Growing Pains get left off?

13. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Yeah, it feels closer to the psychedelia of Satanic Majesties, where I gather that it was originally demoed but it wasn't quite complete by that point.

14. longaway

longaway Senior Member

Motley Crue's 2000 album should have featured, and been titled, American Zero. That song is so much better than New Tattoo, although it really should have had the word "last" changed to "great" in the chorus.

15. wildstar

wildstar Senior Member

Actually, there wouldn't be enough for an album (only 7 songs - roughly a half hour). However if you add the non album tracks from Abacab (5) and TOTT (1) sessions, you get 13 tracks - total running about an hour. At least that's how the band released it on their 1976-82 remix boxset:

16. Dean1006

Dean1006 Forum Resident

I keep forgetting about "I'll Be The One" on these threads. That's actually one of my absolute favorite Badfinger tracks. I can't believe it was left off No Dice. To me, that's just crazy.

17. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Straight Up. It was part of the unreleased album meant to be the follow-up to No Dice.

18. HFR

HFR Well-Known Member

'Around The World In A Day' is killed by bad pacing decisions, and three tracks that I've now spent 30 years listening to without finding anything to enjoy in them.

I needledropped and mastered my own version, and think it's a killer Prince record.

Scrap 'Condition Of The Heart', 'The Ladder' and 'Temptation' entirely, and drop the album version of 'ATWIAD'.

New Running Order:

Around The World In A Day (Earlier six minute version available on bootlegs driven by funky bass and acoustic guitar that's more of an opening statement)
    Paisley Park
    She's Always In My Hair (Raspberry Beret B-Side)
    4 The Tears In Your Eyes (Slower Live Version from 'The B-Sides' CD)
    Raspberry Beret
    Tambourine
    America
    Pop Life
    Hello (full length version from the 12" single of 'Pop Life' or 'Raspberry Beret' depending on your territory)
    Girl (full length version from the 12" single of 'America' or 'Pop Life' depending on your territory)

19. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

"Mama's Little Girl" is one of my all time Macca faves, let alone what it could have done for 'Wild Life'. His whole solo career is replete with examples

bagofsoup likes this.
  20. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

+1. Genetic and Wish Fulfillment are my two favorite Ranaldo songs. What always baffled me was on the Dirty expanded reissue they cut the guitar intro.

21. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

GBV's Finks left off of Under The Bushes, Under The Stars. That album grew on me but at first it felt samey and somewhat flat. I enjoy it a lot now but it didn't grab me as much as previous albums. Finks would've been my favorite song on it and an obvious single to me. That and Cut Out Witch which was a single I think.

22. majoyenrac

majoyenrac Forum Resident

The masterplan, acquiesce and talk tonight are 3 unmitigated oasis classics left off their first 2 albums (I don't know which album, presume it was morning glory). Those are 3 of their all time best songs.

Bruce springsteen's "the promise" version released on the 18 tracks comp only is fantastic, can't believe it was cut.

Too close to heaven by the waterboys might be their best song and it was cut from Fisherman's blues--coulda helped add a punch to room to roam. The waterboys released the studio version on the album too close to heaven around 2000, 13-14 yrs after it was made (and that version is also in the fishermans box).

What's more the definitive version is "too close to heaven live" and that version is only on the us-only Fisherman's blues part 2. (Not in the fishermans 6cd box and not on too close to heaven proper album).

23. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

That sounds great. One thing though: Condition of the Heart should be somewhere in there. Totally agree on The Ladder and Temptation. Thanks for the ideas!

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

& Foot of Pride !

25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Houses of the Holy & The Rover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.