Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

SoundStage has all the albums that have been remastered so far on pre-order, on Capitol this time around. So do we know if these have been remastered again or are these pressings of the "archive" remasters? Crazy.

2. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I'm sure this will just be the archive remasters. There is another thread on here about them.

3. Mister President

Mister President Forum Resident

I can't imagine they're remastered again but I don't actually know.

Boggles the mind that these things will never stop coming out. I better tell my 7 year old nephew to prepare for the 100th anniversary of Band on The Run in 2073.

longdist01 likes this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

That's probably part of Paul's new contract on Capitol.
    Reminds me a bit of Pink Floyd, they reissued their 2011 remasters last year again but on their own label Pink Floyd Records.

5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

But they have to plan something anyway. Because money.

6. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I like the archive remasters. However, the original UK pressings on vinyl are better. Further, the original 80s UK CD's are all better too. I know others rave about the DCC versions and they are fab, but the 1st UK CD's are really lovely.

7. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

9. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Please count me as one of those "few". Wild Life is "garage band" Wings and I'll take it any day over the lame polish of London Town or Back To The Egg.

Mazzy and Darrin L. like this.
  10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

The mark-up on tote bags is the key to their financial success. ... ;)

11. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Are the coloured LP's selling out everywhere? I looked at the U discover site last night and there was a few there but there gone tonight.

My dads trying to get band on the run coloured LP.

12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Bags are more useful when you throw in some box sets.^^ :p

longdist01 likes this.
  13. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Just got an email from Soundstagedirect. They have the colored vinyl on pre-order for $27.98 per title. I'll have four of 'em coming my way.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  14. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Count me in as well. I wasn't being facetious when I mentioned a "Wild Life" set a few posts above. Outtakes, b-sides, and some live material from '72 would be awesome. But then, I love all the 70's era albums. I grew up listening to them, so I am sure there is a degree of sentimentality involved; therefore, I am unable to veiw them objectively.

15. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up on Soundstagedirect. I placed my order for the 8 titles through them and cancelled through UDiscover. I saved tax, freight and a few dollars per title. Saved me over $60!!!

I have never purchased from Soundstagedirect. I assume they are a good outfit like AcousticSounds and Music Direct?

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

That looks like they're on their last few - if that - at just one location ("Low Stock - Should Ship Monday"). Better get on it soon @Clem865 if you really want one.

FKA002 and Mr. Explorer like this.
  17. Do they have their 20% off thing going on now? I bet they do so that might bring the price down too if valid.

18. Arnold Grove

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. The colored vinyl is already on sale so not eligible for further discounts. But they usually offer free shipping over $50.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Pure money grab. It costs no more to make colored vinyl than it does black (which is colored). Such a shame. I'd love to have a couple of these but there is just too much disparity in the prices of the two. Love me some Paul but no go on the colored stuff.

21. Frank

Frank Senior Member

In my previous life I was an independent music retailer online. I still get solicitations from time to time and I got one for this issue that I just noticed in an old unmonitored email account. It says that this issue is "limited to 500 units only per album." Now I think this means this particular wholesaler's stock, but they are very large.

Suddenly it doesn't seem so ridiculously overpriced. Good on those who jumped in if this is the case. Sorry you'll feel weird ever taking it out of the shrink.:D

It also says that online presales are prohibited, which may explain some things.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Seems I could save money ordering them them but I already pre ordered thru the link on Paul site.

23. I did too. Maybe about $30 overall. Oh well.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  24. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I think they can be viewed with a sense of objectivity even if they were a part of one's "special time". For me, much of my favorite material on Wild Life compares to Nillson's more erratic "moments" which i happen to love (things like Jump Into the Fire, for instance). But it also helps to have a sense of McCartney history in order to put the album in proper perspective. We have a guy who came out of arguably the greatest band of all time and who was responsible for at least half of their most memorable songs. Here he now was in the midst of re-invention. While in the end we always referred to him as ex-Beatle Paul, musically he was in a state of limbo. His first two solo albums can be seen as exercises in perpetuation of sorts; seeing if he can continue writing and putting out good music without the other three-and most importantly, John-at his side. And now, with Wild Life, he feels it's time to really re-start the whole thing from scratch. The feel of the music clearly exemplifies this. It's raw, immediate and extremely rough edged on all counts. Based on all this, I find the whole Wild Life period nothing short of fascinating to say nothing of intriguing. Should the archive thing proceed, I'm looking forward to this album more than any other.

Flaming Torch and Mr. Explorer like this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Bahhh! What are you, one of those people who think The Rutles were the greatest band ever? ;)

DK Pete likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.