Back catalogue releases related to McCartney's 2016 move back to Capitol - First releases announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by leeroy jenkins, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But how are his packing skills? ... ;)

2. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Terrible. I’ve had a lot of complaints from buyers.

Sean, Mr. Explorer, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  3. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

I ordered the 8 lps from MusicVaultz at the end of the business day Monday and they arrived early this afternoon! This might be an option for some who are still hoping to get them. Glad to have them here in Canada as the Universal store. Good luck, Mazzy. :)

mrjinks, Mazzy and forthlin like this.
  4. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

But that's not a Beatles song.:tsk: Just kidding: That's an awesome song and your kid is cool for knowing the words.:edthumbs:
    I hope our pal Mazzy is enjoying Hanukah and his records arrive at some point.

Mr. Explorer, mrjinks and sws2000 like this.
  5. Delivered As Is

Delivered As Is Well-Known Member

Just checked the UdiscovermusicUS site and the color vinyl bundle is listed as out of stock.
    The only individual color vinyl LP listed as out of stock is Band On The Run.
    As of this posting.

6. forthlin

I'm pretty sure titles have been coming & going on their site. The first full day they were on sale the some titles were disappearing in front of my eyes which is why I ordered from the UK site. I won't recount the aggravation of my UK order getting cancelled but the day that happened I went to the U.S. site and ordered all 8 titles. I received them last week though there is seam wear across the top of 5 of the albums (which are still sealed.)

If they really are limited they will all be "out of stock" eventually.

Delivered As Is likes this.
  7. Well so far I've found them all locally except Venus & Mars but I think I have a line on that one. We shall see.

I finally write Uni once again with a very terse email which I won't repeat. I had been overly polite up to now but I added some snark and disappointment that they didn't arrive for Chanukah. I also just registered a Pay Pal dispute asking for my refund....

Oh Happy Day!!!

8. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Well "I'm Still Standing" is featured in the hit movie "SING" which also features prominently "Golden Slumbers". I brainwashed him at 2 where I had him convinced that The Beatles were better than the The Rolling Stones, much to the chagrin of my wife who hates the The Beatles and loves The Stones. If only Stones had perennial youthful favorites like Yellow Submarine and Octopus's Garden... it would be a closer call.

9. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

My parenting will be complete when he also finds the merits in "Press to Play" and "Victim of Love" albums.

Sean, Mr. Explorer and forthlin like this.
  10. Arnold Grove

It's only the third night of Hanukkah. Five more days to go, so there might still be a miracle ... ;)

11. Well that is what the Holiday is all about. It’s a miracle

Sean, Mr. Explorer, forthlin and 2 others like this.
  12. Arnold Grove

It would have been such a fun thing to receive each 1 of the 8 different colored vinyl LPs for each of the 8 nights of Hanukkah. How exciting it could have been...

13. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I was thinking the same thing!

Too bad they couldn't get ONE to him...let alone coordinate with the holiday.

I've only see two "in the wild" so far, so it's encouraging that people have found them.

Mazzy likes this.
  14. Well my colored Beatles Christmas singles arrive tomorrow.

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Well, you just always seem so easy going and forgiving ... we had to bring you down to a level with the rest of us.
    :)

forthlin, Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  16. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Fixed!

And I love Elton John, btw. :wave:

Mr. Explorer and forthlin like this.
  17. Ha. You know I’m not always so calm but I try to put these types of things in perspective. Can’t get too worked up about getting or not getting records in time or even at all.

Sure there would be disappointment but some of the reactions in these threads. I compared this to something historical the other day and my post got deleted for bad taste humor. I definitely can be accused of that much of the time. Bad taste jokes but rarely mad . :tiphat:

18. forthlin

So...we're on to Barry Manilow?????????????:D

Mazzy likes this.
  19. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

I got the last one, #500 stamped on the back

Delivered As Is and forthlin like this.
  20. Ok here’s a very strange update.

You all know I pre ordered the entire set Oct 6th. The day they were announced.

Nothing had arrived. Released day passed. They kept telling me shipping would happen asap but nada. No word from them for almost a week now.

I then found and bought all locally except for Venus & Mars which no stores had.

Yesterday I wrote to Universal and PayPal requesting a refund. Still no response.

An hour ago my mail carrier just delivered two separated packages. One was a corner damaged Yardbirds 68 from the Jimmy Page Store and the other was from Universal The box contained one album : Venus & Mars ( which mentions Jimmy Page in the Lyrics). Wtf?!

No shipping notice. None of the others I ordered, but only the one I really needed.

It arrived in the 4th night of Hannukah. It’s a miracle. :tiphat:

Now I need that refund.

[​IMG]

Joti Cover, Zeki, Paul H and 13 others like this.
  21. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

It's like a relic from a different age.

22. forthlin

OK that is a bada$$ looking elpee. I may have to open mine after all. :)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

So now that you have the last one of the set, I can safely wish you a Happy Hannukah Mazzy :D

24. Now I just to get my reading gelt back. :tiphat:

e.s., portlandjulian and Mr. Explorer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.