Bad news for music lovers: Fantasy Studios, building closed. Get your OJC CD's now!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mcow1, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Please note, if you are an ORIGINAL JAZZ (OJC) fan or want to be, the current versions on CD-R out there might have new mastering or they were done from the old mastering, I've not heard. Concord has a great, caring staff who love jazz and want their product to sound the best.

What I'm saying is that there are people at Concord who have a handle on how to find the correct masters for Contemporary, Prestige, Riverside, Fantasy music, so we can relax. But a CD-R is much more fragile than a manufactured CD so (as Bela Lugosi said in "Glen Or Glenda":) "Beware, take care, beware."

2. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

The librarians for archival material have been shown out of the building.
    You can't have a library without BRAiNS, can you?

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Good times..

mark winstanley likes this.
  4. RickA

RickA Love you forever Luke, we will be together again

I remember the interview Dennis Hopper gave about the hope to release an Extended "Easy Rider" since he had shot many hours of footage not used in the original release. The outtake film was stored in "Iron Mountain" and when the call went out for the film cannisters "Iron Mountain" could not locate them.

After multiple attempts the reissue team of "Easy Rider" gave up and released what is there today. So very sad.

TheDailyBuzzherd likes this.
  5. TheDailyBuzzherd

Heh, I've been working on my extended "Easy Rider" soundtrack for 20 years. Will I ever finish?

6. TheDailyBuzzherd

I'd love to know more about this. Reminds me of the infamous lost "Night of the Living Dead" scenes in a flood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.