Barnes & Noble 40% Off One Item Thru 9/5

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DigMyGroove, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I grabbed the exclusive GD - Aoxomoxoa for $15 in store. Came home and ordered Soundgarden - Down on the Upside for $22 shipped.

black sheriff likes this.
  2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Thanks OP. Led Zep Coda super deluxe box is $81 w/ the 40% discount (before taxes & shipping).

DigMyGroove likes this.
  3. Aardvark23

Aardvark23 Forum Resident

Rolling Stones Singles 45 CD box set was $129. Good deal (ar least I hope it was....)

4. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Worked on the new DJ Shadow LP (which was at the top of my current list of wants). $10 off = just fine with me.

Thanks OP.

DigMyGroove likes this.
  5. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I also picked up Miles Davis : '...In Person at the Blackhawk' on Impex (for $40 shipped).

...and Blakey's 'Drum Suite'. Also, on Impex (for a little under $24).

6. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Got The Who Polydor singles box for $108.56

7. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

this was in store? how was the discount applied? did you just read off the code for the cashier?

8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

In-store, handed the coupon to the cashier and he rang it up. Original price was $44.99.

Also since I'm a member, I got an extra 10% discount which amounted to $4.50. I figured this coupon was members-only anyway.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    Gaslight likes this.
  9. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

ah so you had a physical coupon. where'd you find that? thanks in advance.

10. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

JasonA and strymeow like this.
  11. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Sent to me via email by B&N.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  12. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

dkmonroe likes this.
  13. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

All of the vinyl titles that I've been eyeing at B&N can now be had for just a few dollars more at MD, Elusive Disc, and even SSD what with their 20% off sales (hello, Acoustic Sounds ;)). Frankly, I'd rather pay a couple of extra dollars more for the piece of mind in knowing that my LPs will surely be properly packed and will arrive without any cover damage.

14. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

15. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

I got the coupon in an email, and I've been getting an email every day of this weekend reminding me to use the 40% off coupon, even those I've used it twice.

Gaslight likes this.
  16. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

The coupons can be used unlimited times online, but not in store. It might be that once it is used online it would not be able to be used in store (even once).

Gaslight likes this.
  17. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

The Deutsche Grammophon In Mono boxed set came down to $71.85 with this offer, and I could not resist. Thanks for posting this, DigMyGroove!

18. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Same here. I'm guessing the same as a few others where these online codes are good on multiple accounts, but in-store it's only good one-time for one person only.

Surprised they didn't give me an in-store coupon in the mail.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  19. strymeow

strymeow Forum Resident

Yeah, must have been. Thanks anyway!

20. azjvm05

azjvm05 Forum Resident

How often does Barnes and Noble have a coupon like this? What I wanted was sold out.
    Thanks for the info.

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You get 20%-ers periodically by being a member. The 40's usually are seen once or twice a year, if that.

Gaslight likes this.
  22. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

If not a member - stay tuned to this forum. Usually somebody post a notice. That is how I found out not being a B&N member. Haven't seen a 40% off in ages. Just as well!

23. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

40 percent is good but not great at BN, as the normal prices are so incredibly high. I used the 40 percent
    off to finally get The Band Capitol Album box set. It still costs 90 bucks shipped, which isn't great, but I think that's the
    cheapest I'm going to find it new from a retailer that will take vinyl returns without issue. I just can't see making that investment
    at an indie store, and then having them stonewall me if I get a bad one. Too risky, as they often have to eat the returned product. I've wanted it since last Christmas, and I'm worried it's going to go out of print as a set, as it didn't seem to make much of a sales ripple, so I took the leap.

FWIW, I was able to buy something Friday at a store, and make an online order as well. Perhaps it isn't working the other way around.

24. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I've ordered quite a few records from them and never had an issue with LP's. One issue I had was with a 2cd/2dvd set that arrived with scratched discs, I just walked into the local store and returned it...

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  25. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Only bargain I found was the Glenn Gould box for $103 shipped. Already have a version so ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.