Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Thought it set the tone for what to expect this season.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I share that hope. She's not the greatest actress if her stint on "Revolution" is any indication, but she's a looker.

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Well, one really checks out of the Bates Motel. They just move into Norman's head and make guest appearances.

4. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I would guess she's going to be in more episodes.

It's not impossible for dead characters to continue to appear either. There are of course flashbacks, and also as we learned in the new episode, Norman can also hallucinate dead people too.

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I thought the first episode was weak.
    It will likelt turn out that Annika let Norman take the car because she didn't want him to walk home in the rain.
    Pretty amateurish stuff, but maybe I'm wrong? I hope so.

6. Lonson

According to the description on imdb of the upcoming episode, Anika definitely disappears, it's not just Norman being given her car to go home:

Norma and Norman focus on Annika's disappearance; Norma learns the truth about the Arcanum Club.

7. My name is also Norman and I too had the hots for her. :tiphat:

8. Thanks for that! :wantsome:

9. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

You do know what constitutes a spoiler and how to use the spoiler tag, don't you?

Mazzy likes this.
  10. Lonson

Yes, but didn't feel the need.

tonyc and shokhead like this.
  11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I don't.

12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Just use the following tags around the verbiage you want to hide.
    Sentence(s) go here.
    A button that reads "SPOILER will appear in your post. People just click on it to view the hidden text.

Hi there.

Well that didn't quite work right. Just put the word SPOILER in brackets at the beginning of the sentence and the word /SPOILER in brackets at the end of the sentence.

shokhead likes this.
  13. DreadPikathulhu

I'd watch an entire hour of Norma Bates sneaking around a sex party in an evening dress.

I'm still not sure where they are going with the pot farm stuff. It feels like we're watching two different shows at times. I do like the new creepy neighbor that doesn't have a dog.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    JimC, rburly and JimW like this.
  14. That creepy neighbor was Opie in Sons of Anarchy

MikeInFla likes this.
  15. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

+1 VF is a gorgeous lady, but there's something about her portrayal of Norma that makes her even sexier. She can be so vulnerable at times, but also so strong and determined. Hard to believe that the Sheriff hasn't gone for her yet.

I loved Norma's line about making sure Anika's bathroom shade was working.

JimC likes this.
  16. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

:hide::hide::nyah:
    Yes indeed to Vera. I enjoyed this week's show more than last especially Norma's line - I dont know why but unhinged women seem drawn to you.:nyah:

17. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm not sure why the pot farm is still a plot line. I guess they need to have Dylan doing something, and growing pot seems to be the show runners choice. At this point, I have absolutely no idea what they're doing with Dylan, but I suppose he'll come in handy at some point.

I think VF's hair is brunette. When I saw her on some talk show or being interview, she wasn't as attractive. She definitely looks much better as a blonde IMO.

18. DreadPikathulhu

I suppose you could see Norman/Norma and Dylan/Dad as alternate versions of the same twisted dynamic. We know where Norman is going to end up, but I'm having a hard time seeing a whole lot of negative in what Dylan is doing other than he's mixed up with some unsavory people.

19. Lonson

20. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Dylan's storyline did eventually connect with Norma's and Norman's last season, so I imagine the same will happen again. But yes, it does sometimes feel like two different shows, the second of which is not that distinctive.

I think he's probably there because they think the show would get too claustrophobic if it was just about the house and the hotel. And he connects the family to the Twin Peaks-lite dark side of the town, an influence that was particularly noticeable in the last episode when Norma discovered the sex club in the woods, complete with red curtains. He's also someone who can give Norma and Norman some reality checks, even if they don't listen to him.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    JimW, chacha and rockclassics like this.
  21. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

He's also a good character and the actor playing him is great. But the pot farm story is a snooze. I wish they had him doing something else.

rockclassics likes this.
  22. DreadPikathulhu

I suppose they might try to connect the sex club with the pot farm, but those seem to be totally different elements of society. I think the new neighbor is going to help drive Dylan's story in a new direction. I already like him better than Dylan's dad.

23. Lonson

I was just going to post that Ryan Hurst's character may pull that storyline elsewhere. . . . Hope so. Hurst is an interesting actor, capable of some good acting.

24. DreadPikathulhu

I was impressed with how he seemed to be totally different people when he visited the cabin vs. when Dylan and dad went to his house.

JimC likes this.
  25. John D.

John D. Senior Member

First the neighbor says his dog is missing, then when Dylan and his Dad pay him a visit, he says he don't have a dog, Who's dog got shot? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.