Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Along with the 50 other people who have been killed in this town in the last few months ;)

2. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Paris told Norma not to fall in her new swimming pool. I think Romero would help Norma by having that hole filled with Paris at the bottom. No body, no crime.

3. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Great last episode. Glad Dylan and Emma found each other's...the only two people on the show who don't need professional help.

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Although if I were Emma's dad I don't know if I'd consider Dylan an ideal boyfriend either -- he is a criminal who has probably killed more people than Norman!

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I thought all Dylan did was grow pot, or am I forgetting something from when he first came on the show?

6. Squealy

Well, he's in the drug business, which is illegal, and tends to get murdery.

Ha, the Bates Motel Wiki site has a body count for each character. According to them, Norman, Dylan and Sheriff Romero have each killed four people, while Norma has only one body on her list.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    rockclassics likes this.
  7. As Woody Allen once said: "The food is terrible, and such small portions."

8. Yeah, and didn't Dylan run a guy over in season one?

9. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I was a bit bummed they re-cast Emma's father. The first guy who played him (in season one I believe) was the guy who played John Lennon in "Backbeat" as I recall.

The new guy isn't neccesarily worse or super different, but he does look and sound different enough that it threw me off. I would imagine they had to re-cast rather than choosing to, but I'm just guessing.

10. DreadPikathulhu

I'm surprised that Dylan's body count is so high. I'm still hoping the he and Emma get away in the end.

chacha likes this.
  11. Squealy

Dylan's kills:
    Norman's:
    Of course, Dylan's tend to be in the self-defense category while Norman's are in the creepy serial killer category. But it's funny that they've actually ended the same number of lives.

12. Norman killed his dad too so he takes the lead in the inter-family murder race.

What's Norma's count? I can think of Keith Summers off the top of my head.

13. Squealy

That's Sam Bates.
    He's the only one they list.

Shawn likes this.
  14. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Just watched the last episode. I wouldn't call it great. Kinda just another episode where Norman does his thing again and a few others exit.

15. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think that would make sense too. As long as nobody witnessed Romero killing Bob Paris, the FBI will think he fled and is in hiding. He'll just never be found. But Romero could bury the body and some other evidence linking Norma to Bob in the pit, or ensure some link is found, in case he ever needs to implicate her for his own protection.

16. DreadPikathulhu

I'm curious about how Norman could dispose of Bradley so close to what appears to be a boat landing. You'd think someone would notice a submerged car there and investigate.

In the movie he sank them in a swamp, which made more sense.

17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

[QUOTE="Cerebus, post: 12331865, member: 8051
    In the movie he sank them in a swamp, which made more sense.[/QUOTE]

Wonderful suspense moment in the film where the car is stuck in the sludge then finally submerges.

18. DreadPikathulhu

I wondered if Bradley would wake up in the trunk and start banging on it while Norman watched, or maybe it would refuse to sink due to an air pocket and Norman might panic.

Maybe next season the FBI will show up in town to investigate the body found in a sunken car by the dock, or someone will wonder why Norma is creating and then filling huge holes in her yard and someone will do a little digging.

19. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

I dunno, the show has lost me, not sure if I'll tune back in at all next season.

20. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

You know I'm almost there but next year will be a break or make for me. You'll give it a last try.

21. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I almost gave up during season 2, but I thought season 3 was a step in the right direction.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just finished watching season 3. Overall, I thought it was really good. The last episode was a bit anti-climactic, however. The Bradley stuff played out how you pretty much expected it would. I liked the resolution with Romero and Paris well enough. Sad to see the dad character leave. I actually think he adds a lot, especially the interactions with Norma. Maybe he's not actually gone, of course...

rockclassics likes this.
  23. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Love this show. When is it back on?

24. DreadPikathulhu

Winter 2016.

:(

25. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

%#+@ !

Thread Status: