Batman Trailer

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by crimsoncing, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crimsoncing

crimsoncing New Member Thread Starter

When we went to see The Village (a BIG thumbs up on that one) they showed a few trailers and a short one with a few quick shots as a voice talked about Evil seeking him out. The next to last shot was BATMAN in mask then the new Batman logo came up and said coming summer of 2005. The crowd loved once they figured it out. :righton:

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

3. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It is supposed to be derived from the "Batman: Year One" comic series by Frank Miller, i.e. the beginning of Batman's career.

Evan

4. Dave D

Dave D Done!

5. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Yes and no. It covers his early years, but the villains will be The Scarecrow and Rhas Al Ghul.

Sean

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Thanks, I didn't know that! :righton:

Evan

7. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I am really digging that trailer!!!!!!!! Doesn't show much but I love the mood of it.

Love the new logo too!

Attached Files:

8. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

This looks like this may be the best Batman film yet.

Sean

9. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I wonder if they shot the trailer first, before the main production on the film began. I'm glad it looks like a serious movie, instead of goofy crap like that last Batman movie.

10. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Yes, I will be happy if this was a serious movie too. The '90s movies always sat uneasy with me as they would seem to be set in an "almost" modern time, but with anachronisms that would throw my brain all off :sigh:

11. dcooper

dcooper New Member

I was a big fan of the first Batman movie. I thought Keaton did a terrific job, Nicholson was perfect as the joker, and Burton's production was spooky and beautiful at the same time. I was not a follower of the comic books, and only knew Batman from the late 60's TV show, so this was an infinite improvement. However, none of the other movies did anything for me, and I think Schumacher trashed the series with his awful movies. I'm looking forward to this "prequel".

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The worst part was when Batman wore his movie "suit", which was made of plastic, there was a huge "package" bulge(where there shouldn't have been one)!

Evan

13. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

I'm one of the freaks who thinks that 'Batman Returns' (with Catwoman and Penguin) was the best of the lot. After the success of the first one, Warner stopped reigning in Burton.

Was it 'commercial'? Nope. So the box office dropped. But it still made almost as much as the third, and way more than the fourth.

And it is dark, disturbing, and perverted. Lots of stuff that make parents cover the kids' eyes. None of the other batflicks have the cojones...

14. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

In the 60s they were actually giving Burt Ward medications and tying him down with girdle-esque device to shrink or conceal his "package" while in the 90s they built the bulges right into the suit. Funny how times change.

I still say the film with Adam West is the only Batman movie in which Batman is portrayed accurately (in spite of the campiness).

15. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

The Adam West movie goes a long ways as far as Batman movies are concerned for me.

16. Michael St. Clair

There is more than one 'Batman'. The Adam West film does not evoke the original Bob Kane 'Batman' at all, at least to me. But it fits pretty well with the Batman comics of the 50s and 60s.

17. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I saw The Village today too (a BIG thumbs up here too!!!) The Batman trailer evoked a slightly different response from our crowd. I heard lost of snickering and groaning and some guy said "Looks as bad as The Hulk!" I'm looking forward to seeing it.

18. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

True... Batman's personality took a couple years to be fine-tuned. But by about 1940, Batman had developed the basic traits of his character... serious minded but not overly grim, dedicated but not obsessed, a brilliant detective. I would argue that his personality was fairly consistent from 1940 to about 1985 or so. The type of situations he was in varied over the years, from realistic to campy, from grim to silly, but his basic personality did not. That's the version of Batman that is the "real" version to me, and I wish they hadn't changed his personality so drastically, both in the comics and the Burton films. The Burton films may have been well-done, but to me they were like watching a movie about Sherlock Holmes in which Holmes is telling wisecracks constantly or kicking people's butts left and right. Just a fundamental change in the essence of the character which made it hard for me to appreciate the films themselves.

Okay, rant mode off...

19. Michael St. Clair

You can lump the dark detective of Denny O'Neil's 1970s Batman in with the goofy, silly pop-art Batman of the 50s and 60s? The difference is like night and day.

Then you must despise the pun-per-minute scripts and onomatopoeia fight scenes of the Adam West Batman.

Wow, these guys must be extrapolating a lot from a simple, sparse teaser trailer that doesn't really focus on the plot or the characters.

20. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Yeah, they must be real genius's!

I think a lot of people might be let down cuz they want a cheezy, campy movie like the last one. The same people that complain about Spidey 2 not having enough action. I told a few people, "Will Smith will be making Bad Boys 3, you can wait for THAT to get your action!" :rolleyes:

21. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I dunno... looks very cool, but IMHO, it has to be a really good movie in order to beat Burton's "Batman". I loved that movie...

22. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I do see a consistency of character and personality, in spite of the VAST difference in tone and type of plots in those stories. His basic traits remained unchanged, regardless of whether he was in silly campy stories, or grim, realistic ones. At any rate, I suppose I've beaten the whole "Jason doesn't like the current version of Batman's personality" thing into the ground... I'll knock it off from here on in.

23. Michael St. Clair

Hey, you are entitled to your opinion...that's what we are all here for.

:edthumbs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.