Batman TV Series Finally Coming to DVD/Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pawnmower, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

When you fill out the form, they send you all the discs you need. You don't have to specify them.

Grand_Ennui and Lewisboogie like this.
  2. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Ah, okay... Thank you!

BTW: For anybody who has recently had their replacement discs sent to them, roughly how long did it/does it take for the replacements to arrive? I ask because since we're this much father along (after the series was first replaced), I'm going to guess they're not getting as many requests as they would have initially... I guess I'm just trying to gauge how long it'll take...

3. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

To be honest, it was a little slower than I expected. Definitely over a month, and then they accidentally sent one of the replacement discs as a DVD, not Blu-Ray, so I had to wait another month or so for that to be fixed.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  4. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Last year I bought the DVD version. I waited about 5-6 weeks for my replacement disc. Way too long.

bmasters9 and Grand_Ennui like this.
  5. Grand_Ennui

That is a little longer than I would have thought, but at least you got the replacements, that's the important part...

6. Grand_Ennui

I would imagine they'd replace the two discs for you, even if you bought it/buy it used...

The link in post # 74 is the one I used, and it worked for me... They'll ask you a few things, one of which is where you purchased it & they'll ask you for the digits on the bar code on the box and they'll want your name/address/email/phone number... Very easy form to fill out...

It took three weeks to the day for my replacement DVDs to arrive, so it was pretty prompt service...

7. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Holy Customer Service, Batman! I receieved my discs Monday, only a week after requesting. And I had no bar code to report-- bought used for $40.

Just checking: I receieved discs 1 and 3. Are those the correct items?

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  8. jerrygene

jerrygene Forum Resident

I got season 1 disc 1 and disc 2 of season 2 in BD
    For the DVD I think there were 3 sent

There should have be a letter sent with it. I am sure you can relax now.

9. Grand_Ennui

Wow, that *is* good customer service...

As far as which discs you should have received, like jerrygene said, there should have been a letter enclosed with your replacement discs, but if not, yeah, the ones you received are correct: Disc 1 from Season 1 (the "pink" disc), and Disc 3 from Season Two (the "green" disc)...

10. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Thanks. They did include a letter, but the writing is weak: "...for DVD discs 1 and 8 and disc 1 for Season One."

First, that sounds like three discs. From there, I was lost, but I do think I have the right discs. Color helps.

11. Grand_Ennui

Yeah, their letter could have been a little clearer... They should have said something like "If you purchased the season one set only, enclosed you will find a replacement for disc 1, but if you purchased the complete series box set, enclosed you will find disc 1 from season one, and disc 3 from season two." I'm sure somebody there could have worded it better than I did here, but I think something along the lines of what I wrote here might have made things a little clearer...

Lewisboogie likes this.
  12. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

A team of us gathered at the college today to create a business writing class --- I'm using their letter as what not to do.:agree:

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  13. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

I don't know about the complete series set, but I can tell you the stand-alone Season 1 DVD release has a new bar code stuck over the original bar code on corrected copies. They only had to re-do disc one. They swapped out the first episode with a version including the narration, and they added the villain tags as an extra. However -- when I play that disc on a 4:3 DVD, I find the next week teasers are formatted for widescreen -- they are not cropped, but I'm seeing black borders on either side of them, which I'm not seeing on the episodes proper. This should display properly on a widescreen TV, but I'm thinking it would create issues if, say, I tried to re-insert these tags back into the episodes.

The other disc (where a scene was missing from one of the episodes) was fixed before the separate season sets came out, so anyone who got them separately (as I did) won't have to worry about that.

By the way, I check ebaY peiodically...I have the corrected versions, but I also would like to have the "missing narration" variation of the first episode for completeness. If anyone wants to get rid of one, I'd be interested!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  14. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

with the passing of Adam this past week, this release snuck me by on blu ray. there has not
    been much discussion about the quality of these shows. since these were made on film I would
    hope they are crystal clear. anybody got anything more to add in that department?
    Thanks.

15. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Does anyone know if this dropped scene issue affects the download version available from stores such as iTunes?

16. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

They look eye popping amazing in either DVD or Blue

17. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

The downloads from iTunes, amazon Vudu, etc. have been corrected for the missing footage except for the missing pebble. The pebble is missing for all times it seems.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  18. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Thank you. Buying the complete series now.

19. Grand_Ennui

What he said...

I own the series on standard DVD, and the episodes look great.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  20. MarkTheShark

What is the "pebble?"

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  21. MarkTheShark

Am I crazy, by the way, and/or do the third season shows have the wrong 20th Century Fox end logo? The Fox logo was shorter in the third season. It was just "DAT DADA DAAAAH, DA DA DA DUNNNN DA DA!" In and out real fast.

22. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

In the episode where King Tut is dropping pebbles on Batman's head he counts them out and you can see each one bounce off his head. When he gets to 1000 nothing bounces because they removed it by accident when they were cleaning up the masters.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  23. MarkTheShark

Oops!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  24. MarkTheShark

I believe the one used in the first two seasons is at 1:40. The third season one immediately follows.

25. Grand_Ennui

MarkTheShark,

Out of curiousity, have you been able to obtain the "missing narration" variant?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.